Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Shower

Today, I helped throw a shower for one of my very close friends, Michelle. It was a great day for it too - the weather was just gorgeous in Southern California. Not like the chilly weather we had all week - it was actually in the low 80's today. Very nice. Now about the shower, I had a lot of fun prepping for this little party because I got to use my crafty energy and crafty toys, to boot! I made the favors using the Scallop Bag Bigz XL die cut, and I also made a banner using the Pennant Bigz XL. I'm typically not a baker, but I have rediscovered my mini cupcake tins recently and have been making these mini frosted cupcakes. I made 48 of them, and believe it or not, they all disappeared by the end of the shower (heehee)! Then, thanks to the helpful resources on YouTube, I was able to teach myself how to make a Diaper Cake! Here are a few photos so you guys can have a little look-see on the shower soiree today.
The "dessert" table, with the diaper cake in the middle - look scrumptious?A closer look at the favors at the foot of the cake...Here's the banner with the Serif Alphabet letters for the Big Shot.And here's a picture of the Mom to be in the center, along with me and my other great friend and partner in crime, Kimi. We have a picture just like this from high school...and college!

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!


2 comments:

Ann said...

WOW!! The table & decorations look so beautiful!!

MaryAnne Wendt said...

OMG I haven't seen Michelle in ages! Please tell her I said hello & congratulations!!! Everything looked so beautiful! Hope all is well.. let's catch up soon! xoxo

MaryAnne