Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mojo Monday on Tuesday

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone! I was so wrapped up in making my Mojo Monday card, that I don't have a St. Paddy's card to share. I'll try and post something later. First, let's talk about Mojo Monday... This week is Mojo Monday 78, and the card I made is actually inspired by my blog background theme, with the color scheme and bird in a pear tree! I got to use new Texturz backgrounds that finally came in my Stampin'Up! package last week (it had been backordered...apparently very poplar!) - they're the Distressed and Daisies embossing plates from the Texturz Plate Kit #4.
What do you think? I love how the distressed plate makes the chocolate chip paper look like a wood background. The daisies on the cameo coral paper don't show up as nicely in the picture as they do in person, but I can tell you that it is a cute design. In general, I love using the texturz plates because I really think that the embossing adds a lot of interest to the paper and to the overall project. Here's the recipe:
*Cheep Talk and Oval All (sneak peek from the upcoming Ocassions catalog!)stamp sets
*Wide oval punch used to round off the bottom of the Whisper White cardstock, large oval, scallop oval punch (another sneak peek), trio flower, 1/4" circle punch
*Texturz plates - Distressed and Daisies plates
*Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White and Confetti cardstock, Delicate Dots DSP
*Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, So Saffron Classic Stampin'Up! Ink Pads
*So Saffron grosgrain ribbon

Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting today :)

Last, but certainly not least - I also wanted to wish my MOM a Happy Birthday! She's got a birthday on St Paddy's Day!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors you chose, very pretty.

Kathy said...

Cute card!! I love your image panel and the colors you used are gorgeous!! :)Kathy

Millie said...

Beautiful work!

Christa said...

Very very very nice!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute1 And the colors look great!

Anonymous said...

Rose they made this set after they say your blog!! Love it! Well done on the sketch!

Christy said...

This is awesome. The panal is beautiful!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I really like your stiching detail. Super job on the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.