Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Texturz with Botanical Blooms...

I've been trying to figure out what to make for my swap card for this weekend's Demonstrator meeting, and since I'm demoing the texturz embossing plates, I thought it'd be nice to do a card with some sort of texturz background. Here's what I came up with tonight, but don't know if I'm sold on making it for my swap card yet. I did like using the Botanical Blooms set from the Sale-a-bration catalog, though. It was my first time using it and I must say that those blooms are fun to work with! You can fill them in with its 2-step image or you can fill them in with marker...or go nuts and do a little of both, which is what I ended up doing with the yellow flowers.
What do you think? Is this swap worthy? I'd love to hear what you think. Personally, I'm still mulling over the design, but need to do something pretty quick cuz my time is running out! I'll need to crank out 31 cards soon! I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, hope you have a great Wednesday :)


2 comments:

for2nately said...

Hi Rose! I really like this card-the only thing I might change is the open space above the flowers within the circle-maybe the sky sponging technique with a scrap scallop circle? Just a thought-otherwise I love it! Have a great demo meeting!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I'd swap with you! The colors are great and the flowers look very detailed. It's gorgeous. :)