Sunday, April 19, 2009

Double the challenge, double the fun!

Let's just say that I was inspired to stamp today that I got to make cards for 2 challenges! I did Taylor's Cupcake Challenge 64 and I am participating in my first Weekend Sketch Challenge 77. Part of it is actually because I wanted to go into my craft room and straighten it up a bit, so you know what happens after that...I get preoccupied and come up with ideas as I'm picking up and trying to put stuff away! That's exactly what happened with my card for the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 64. The card I created uses some of the scraps that had come up from last week's Kwernerdesign Color challenge card I had made, so I couldn't let the extra flowers I had go to waste, right? So here they are, repurposed for this sketch, along with all that Raspberry Tart designer series paper goodness that I can't get enough of:All materials are Stampin'Up!, except for this card, I did use the square scallop nestabilites to frame my flowers in :)
Here's the recipe:
*Flower Layers Originals Dies
*Central Park and Great Friend stamp sets
*Rose Red and Kiwi Kiss Stampin'Up! Classic Ink pads
*Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Pacific Point cardstock, and Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper
*Double stitched rose red grosgrain ribbon, old olive grosgrain ribbon, jumbo brads, scallop border punch
*Square Scallop die from Nestabilities
Now this next card I created was for the Weekend Sketch Challenge, which I came across in my internet "blurfing" this morning. I came across it on Beate's blog, and followed the linke to Lori Craig's blog, who happens to be hosting the card challenge for the weekend. I was inspired by a few cards I've seen that have made a background out of a gerber daisy stamp, so I decided to pseudo-case that using the daisy-like stamp from the Fifth Avenue Florals stamp set. I also wanted to do another monochromatic card, this time in Baja Breeze. Here it is:Here's the recipe:
*Fifth Avenue Florals and All Holidays stamp set
*Baja Breeze and Whisper White cardstock, and Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper
*Scallop Border punch, Rhinestone brad and Filigree flower
I had fun making these cards! Hope you like them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week!


5 comments:

Marie said...

Oh, I like both of your cards!! Great job with both challenges!!

Ann said...

They are both beautiful!! I really like the pink one!

Jacquie Hart said...

both are super nice

tfs

LeAnne said...

Both cards are super! TFS!

Lori Craig said...

Rose, these are both wonderful cards. Love your clean, classic style. Beautiful colors - just the right embellishments. :)