Monday, April 27, 2009

Cheers to Mojo 84!

Nothing like having tropical drinks on your mind! Hence, my inspiration for my Mojo Monday Sketch 84 card. Having the Pink Flamingo DSP already out might have also helped with my inspiration, too. I just love the happy summer colors in this designer series paper pack. Truth be told, at first, I wasn't a big fan because I thought the colors were too loud. I think you just need to be in the right mindset to embrace the brightness! Now these colors remind me of vacation...is that wishful thinking on my part? Here's the card I came up with:I actually wanted to use a more colorful ribbon on the Cheers to you scallop tag, but that's the only ribbon I had that matched and was thin enough to create the type of ribbon-bow type thing I was going for. I used the Crystal Effects on my cocktails to make them have more of that chilled yummy frozen drink look :) Hope you like it.
Here are the details:
*Pink Flamingo DSP, Cameo Coral, Whisper White, and Real Red cardstock
*Cheers to You stamp set
*Basic Black and Real Red Classic Stampin'Up! ink pads, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral, Only Orange, and Green Galore markers
*Scallop circle punch, Spiral punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches,trio flower punch
*Crystal Effects, real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, riding hood red taffeta ribbon, brads
Thanks for visiting...cheers to you!


7 comments:

for2nately said...

Yummy! Looks good enough to drink (on the beach of course!)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Cam said...

Very nice. You just gave me another idea to use this set. Thanks.

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh I just love what you did with the sketch. Those drinks just look YUMMY!! Mmmmmm! :)

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

What a bright and fun card! Makes me thirsty!

Ann said...

I love this card! It's so cheerful!! :)

Emily said...

Great card! Not at all too bright. The colors are terrific!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Hi Rosemarie,
I've been browsing through your blog and love your work. This is such a cute card. I am hosting a set specific swap on my blog with this set and was wondering if you'd like to participate. Check it out if you have a moment.
http://www.stamptimesomewhere.com
Thanks,
jeanna