Sunday, December 5, 2010

a little tinsel


Happy Sunday, bloggie peeps!  Today I'm sharing the last couple of cards from my Holiday Class last week.  This first one is super simple and so festive with the tinsel!  Here's a look at it in full view:
The card base is Cherry Cobbler, layered with a Top Note die in Very Vanilla.  I also die cut a half of the top note die in the Jolly Holiday paper.  Then, just a simple string of tinsel across the middle, topped off with a punched Ornament from the Contempo Christmas stamp set.  Add a little tinsel around the neck of the ornament and stick it onto your card with dimensionals.  And lastly, stamp the Merry Christmas Sentiment {also from the Contempo Christmas set} in Cherry Cobbler - viola!  You're done! 

For this card, I used Riding Hood Red and Old Olive.  I ran a piece of Very Vanilla through the big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I love that background!  Next, I took a piece of Riding Hood Red striped Grosgrain ribbon and cinched the center of it with an antique brad.  Then, I wrapped that ribbon around the Vintage Wallpaper piece and adhered with Snail.  Layer that cardstock over Old Olive and adhere to your Riding Hood Red card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped the greeting from the Gifted stamp set and punched it out using the Wide Oval punch.  Next, I punched out 2 Decorative Label pieces - one in Riding Hood Red and Old Olive.  To create the layered look, I cut the long side ends of the Riding Hood Red label  about 1/2" on either side.  Then I used snail to adhere to the Old Olive label, so that it looks like a layered "shadow."  Pretty cool that you can create that layered look with the same punch! 

Here are the recipes:
{Tinsel Ornament}
*Stamp Set: Contempo Christmas
*Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday DSP
*Inks: Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink Pad
*Accessories: Top Note Bigz Die, Ornament Punch, Tinsel Trim

{Season's Greetings}
*Stamp Set: Gifted
*Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
*Inks: Old Olive
*Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder, Decorative Label Punch, Riding Hood Red Grosgrain ribbon, Antique Brads, Wide Oval Punch
Hope you like them.  Have a great day!


4 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

super darling cards, Rose!!!
wondering if you got my e-mail?
hugs,
chat

Nikki said...

Very pretty :)

Helen F. said...

Two beauties, Rose! Love teh color combo and these stamp set images.

Janet Swofford said...

This card is so pretty. I especially love the tinsel. So festive!
Inky hugs,
Janet