Saturday, December 11, 2010

happy happy JOY JOY

Hey bloggie peeps!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  Can you believe it's back to 80 degrees F in Southern CA?  The weather has been just topsy turvy hot and cold here!  Anyway, I've got some JOY to share with you today - that is...a JOY banner!  I actually made a large Joy banner that I shared in my 12 Weeks of Christmas Newsletter, and this is banner was made out of the smaller pennant die cuts.  So, I was able to make 2 banners out of my Pennant XL die cuts.  If you want to see my large banner, you've still got a chance...this coming week is my LAST week of my 12 Weeks of Christmas Series and it will also have ALL the links to my 12 Weeks of Christmas Newsletters.  Interested in signing up for my Newsletter?  You can do that in the right column of my blog.

Now back to the banner...here's a full view of it:
Can you tell I'm infatuated with this Jolly Holiday paper?  I've used quite a bit of it in my holiday projects!  Love it!  This little pennant banner was a lot of fun to make and it's so cute and dainty sized, too.  I'm thinking about bringing it to the office to decorate my cube :)  The scallop circles I used are also from the pennant die.  It takes 2 of the scallop circles to create these accordion scallop flowers.  Then I stamped my "JOY" using the Broadsheet Alphabet letters, which have such fun vintage-y letters.  I punched them out using the 1 1/4" circle punch, and layered that onto a 1 3/8" circle in Cherry Cobbler.  Now, I do have to say it was a little tricky to adhere the letters onto my accordian flowers.  I ended up glue gunning the letters onto the flower and then onto the pennants to make sure they stayed.  You can use the Tombow Multi-purpose glue as well, but you definitely need to place something on top of the letters and scallop flower while it dries, so that the glue bonds to both surfaces.  Here's the recipe for you:
{Mini Joy Pennant Banner}
*Stamps: Broadsheet Alphabet
*Cardstock: Jolly Holiday DSP, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
*Inks: Cherry Cobbler
*Accessories: Pennant Bigz XL die, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Deck the Halls and Candy Cane Designer Buttons, eyelets; non-SU! - jingle bells and baker's twine


9 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

hi rose! what a beautiful banner! love the colors, the papers, and rosettes! those letters are really nice! i love them. thanks for sharing and have a great rest of your weekend!!! *hugs* steph :)

Marika Lemay démonstratrice Stampin'Up! said...

Oh wow! This is sooooo beautiful! I have this die but never tried it! Good work!

Julie Marshall said...

Fabulous! I have not seen a design like this one before. Very creative. TFS.

Jane said...

Gorgeous banner!

Marsha said...

Hi Rose, I just found your blog and just scrolled through your entire blog to the beginning August 2007! I am blown away by your creations and color combinations. Thank you very much for sharing your love of crafting!

Janet Swofford said...

Rose,this is one of the prettiest banners I have seen! I love all of your embellishment and the colors you used. So pretty! Thanks for sharing!
Inky hugs,
Janet

Norma said...

Rose, the banner looks great!!!! LOVE all the pattern paper. Came out just beautiful!!!!

Angela Timms said...

This is sooo stinkin cute!
Hey I actually grew up in Cali and now live in Utah. Well...have for 10 years but I'm still a Cali girl at heart. Right? l.o.l. Girl I just love all that you make-have a fabulous holiday!
Toodles!! Angela

Helen F. said...

Love your banner ~ the colors are gorgeous!