Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Punchy Frosty the Snowman!

Hi bloggie peeps!  Happy December to you!  Sorry for my late post - this has been a busy work week for me, so I've had limited time on posting...boo!  Anyway, I am eeking out a few minutes to share my Frosty the Snowman card from my Holiday Class.  This cute little guy was inspired by Doris Denman, but I managed to put my own take on him with his big Black Eyes and his hat!  The scarf was Doris's clever idea that I had to case, along with his overall body shape, too :)  Doesn't he look like such a happy snowman?  He's all made out of punches!  Here are the directions and supplies:

{Frosty The Snowman!}
*Snowman Body: 1 3/4" Circle Punch and 2 1/2" Circle Punch in Whisper White
*Hat: 1/2 of the Decorative Label Punchand  Word Window Punch, in Textured Basic Black; Itty Bitty Punches flower in Cherry Cobbler and branch from 2Step Bird Punch in Pear Pizzazz; embellish the flower with the largest half pearl from the Basic Pearls
*Scarf: 1 and 1/2 Modern Label punch, 1/2" Circle Punch in Cherry Cobbler
*Buttons: 1/2" Circle Punch in Baja Breeze
*Face: Eyes are the large circles from the Owl Punch in Textured Basic Black and accented with White Gel Pen, Nose is from the largest flower from the Boho Blossoms punch in Pumpin Pie, Mouth was drawn in with Basic Black Marker
*Arms: 2 sprigs from the Snowflake punch, in Early Espresso
1.  Punch out your snowman pieces above.  Sponge the hat and scarf pieces with Whisper White Craft Ink.
2.  Cut Crumb Cake cardstock into a 5 1/2' x 8/1/2" piece and fold in half.  Then, use the Northern Flurry embossing folder to run the front of the cardstock through the Big shot to create your embossed card.
3.  Assemble Snowman onto the front of carstock and adhere the body to the cardstock using dimensionals.  Use glue dots to add on Frosty's face and adhere his accessories together. 

Viola!  You're done!  He's a lot of fun to make.  Enjoy!


11 comments:

Kim said...

cute! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS

Brenda said...

cute! i love how you did the arms!

Laura said...

Super cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I loved checking your blog out. I am following from SCS. Have a great holiday season!

www.lovesrubberstamps.com

Regina said...

That snowman is just cool (lovely)

big hugs Regina

Renee Ondrajka said...

Loved this idea and just got finished making and posting to my blog what I came up with. You can see it here and I linked it to your page. Thanks for the inspiration.

http://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2010/12/build-snowman.html

Rosa Forino said...

ciao rosemarie
you talk about you http://kreattiva.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-candy-ricevuto-e-layout-natalizio.html I hope it gives pleasure saluti italiani
wow che belle cose hai creato dall'ultima volta che sono passata di qui ciao

Janet Swofford said...

This little guy is such a cutie! And he's even cuter in real life!I just love him and will be casing him soon. Thanks for sharing:-)
Inky hugs,
Janet

LeAnne said...

SO cute---I love punch art and he is just the sweetest!

Helen F. said...

EEEkkk! This is the cuhhutest snowman! You just have the most fun card ideas, Rose...thanks so much for sharing with us.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

This little guy is soooo adorable! I don't have quite all the punches, but can improvise on what I don't have. Well, except the deco label, makes the best hat!

Jacynthe said...

Very impressed with your "punching" abilities!!! This is adorable with a capital A!!!!