Saturday, January 16, 2010

Monkeying around with Stampin 411's Challenge


Hi all! So glad it's the weekend! Not only did I get to sleep in, but I then proceeded to make some cards while I had my morning coffee. What a great start to the day! I was hankering to do a challenge, so I created 2 cards for the Stampin 411 challenge. How do you like that monkey? Isn't he just too stinkin' cute? He's another stamp from the Fox and Friends stamp set, which I can't seem to get enough of right now! Well, here's a peek at what the sketch looks like and then I'll show you the cards I made. I like the simplicity of the layout and the diagonal background gives you a lot of options to play around with colors and patterns. Here's the full cards I made - basically the same card, but the focal points are completely different. My Monkey card is more kiddish or can even go masculine, while the Sweet Pea is definitely a girly card. Here they are:
I had so much fun playing with a bunch of my new toys from the Occasions Mini! :) Here are the recipes:
{Monkey Card}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamps: Fox&Friends, Cheap Talk
*Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack
*Inks: Chocolate Chip
*Accessories: Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border, 2 Step Bird Punch, Basic Jumbo Grommets, Sweet Pea stitched felt
{Sweet Pea Birthday Card}
All supplies Stampin'Up! except for the twine
*Stamps: Well Scripted
*Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack
*Inks: Melon Mambo
*Accessories: Old Olive and Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon, Playground Button, Sweet Pea stitched felt
Thanks for stopping by today - have a great weekend!


15 comments:

Michelle said...

Really cute, Rose! TFS!

Nancy L. said...

the both are so cute!

LeAnne said...

These are both just lovely---fun cards, TFS!

can2rus said...

these cards on SO cute! thank you for sharing! can't wait to case them!

Helen F. said...

Adorable cards, Rose! Could that monkey card be any cuter?

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love them,!!!!! What a great idea to do it two ways!!! Thanks for playing along

Unknown said...

They are both so cute. Thanks for showing more options.

Tory said...

I love the monkey card, and the birthday card is darling!

Selene Kempton said...

Simply Fantastic! I just love the way you used the felt pieces. I have a whole package of that and have never opened them. thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Love that monkey!
Cute, cute, cute!
Take care!
Kris

Unknown said...

Super stinkin' cute! Love the felt pieces on the vine - great idea!
Thanks for playing along this week!

Jane said...

ADORABLE!!! love them both...I love those little animal stamps...I scrolled down for quite a bit....have I been away that long...!!!

Unknown said...

Both your cards are just adorable!! I really love the monkey one, he is too stinkin' cute hanging there from that branch!! Thanks for playing along this week too!!

Patti Chesky said...

Awww...love that little monkey!!! Such a cute card!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the color combo - both cards are adorable!