Saturday, January 23, 2010

{love you much} Valentine

2/11/10 - ETA: I thought this card fit the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger, so I thought I'd play along! Here's the inspiration photo..

Happy Saturday, blog peeps! Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far. It's a beautiful day today in Southern CA - the rains have gone and the sun is shining on this clean and crisp winter day. I've already had quite a productive morning, too! I went out for a run and also got a chance to make a card today.

I was determined to figure out how to use the new corner punches with the coordinating border punch. I mean, theoretically, I know how to use it, but what's prevented me from using it sooner was having to figure out the dimensions to make sure that the patterns match up. Know what I mean? Thankfully, I discovered some instructions on Gretchen Barron's blog! She's awesome - you should definitely check out her blog for the details {and for lots of other great projects, too}! I have her to thank for my first card using the scallop trim border with the scallop trim corner punch! Wanna see? Now that Gretchen's demystified the scallop corner and scallop trim border punches for me, I have fallen IN LOVE with them!! For this card, I started with a 2 7/8" square piece of Pretty In Pink cardstock. Next, I punched out the 4 corners with the corner punch, which made it easy to align the scallop trim border punch to finish off each of the sides. As you can, see, they align perfectly! Here's a close up - you can check out the Pinking Hearts Border, too: Can you tell I've also been quite enamored with buttons these days? They are such a fun embellishment to add on projects. They definitely give a card some character. Hope you like the card! Here's the recipe.
{love you much Valentine}
All supplies Stampin'Up! except the buttons
*Stamp Set: Well Scripted
*Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad, Whisper White
*Inks: Melon Mambo Classic Pad
*Accessories: Scallop Trim Border and Scallop Corner punches, Pinking Hearts Border punch, Scallop Heart of Hearts Embosslit, buttons {PTI}, corner punch
Have a great day. Bye for now!


14 comments:

Jane said...

This is sooo PRETTY! I love it! Just love the buttons on the heart...I think I'll try that!
xo

Cam said...

The scallop border and the pinking heart punches go together well. Nicely done Rose. Enjoy your weekend.

Helen F. said...

You have mastered the use of this punch set! I have been wanting to practice, but don't own any of these yet. What a beautiful card, Rose..love those buttons too ;o)

Staci said...

This is just TOO perfectly pretty! LOVE all of the touches & colors.

Tanya said...

Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG girl! This is amazing! I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Just beautiful!
Love those buttons!
Glad to hear the bad weather has passed!
Kris

Ann said...

SUPER sweet! I love it!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the scalloped frame and buttons! Gorgeous card!

Jenny said...

Very cute!!!

Betsy V said...

Oh WOW!!! This card is just fabulous! I love the buttons and the punch work. Great take on the challenge!

Betsy Veldman
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemarie! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lisa said...

This is so very pretty!! Love those buttons! Great take on the trigger!!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I love your button heart - so pretty!! :)