Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rally for Robin!

I've recently learned that a dear friend of mine and fellow demonstrator, Robin Castagnola, has been diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer. She's been my roommate at the last few Stampin'Up! conventions I've attended and she is a wonderful and kind hearted friend. I would do anything for her. As you can imagine, the news was a lot to bear in a short amount of time - for her, as well as her family and friends. But thankfully, with that news came a plan of action from her doctors that lays out the process by which she will conquer this beast. She begins her treatment this week, and I wanted to join the rally of support for her by posting the "Wear Pink and Support Robin Castagnola" event this Tuesday, February 2nd. Please include Robin in your thoughts and prayers and wear Pink on Tuesday! Feel free to post comments or words of encouragement on the link as well, as I know she visits that page and reads it daily.

Here's a picture of us from convention this past summer - we had a blast!
Don't forget - wear Pink on Tuesday :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, I was sadden to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you now and always.

Vicki Callier

Jane said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! But I like this whole 'Rocky' attitude to kick that cancer in the butt!! Attitude is everything! She will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
My thoughts and prayers are with your dear friend. The girls and I will be wearing pink tomorrow. :)
Take care!
Kris

Helen F. said...

Rose, please know your friend is in my prayers. My dearest friend had a mastectomy 8 years ago and is doing well today...I am a firm believer in the Lord helping us AND a positive attitude!

Aimee said...

What a good friend...I'm so glad that's it's curable. Guess the prayers are working already! :)