Monday, January 18, 2010

sweet little bird


It's quite the stormy week here in Southern CA. We've got "Rain Watch 2010" on all our news channels because rain happens so infrequently here. But I have to say, I enjoy the rain every now and then (not so much driving in it, but if I were home, I would love hearing it tapping on the roof and windows). You see, for those of you not in CA, this is the extent of our winter - can you believe it? The roads weren't bad at all today, though, since lots of people had the day off for Martin Luther King Day. Sadly, I was not one of them. Oh well!

Anyway, I do have a card share for you guys today. It's one of the thank you cards I made to send to our friends and family to thank them for all our fun Christmas gifts. Lucky for me, these were quick and easy to assemble thanks to the 2 Step Bird punch. Can you tell I've taken quite a liking to it? I love the bird and I love the branch. Such a cute punch! Here's a view of the full card: I'm getting a lot of use out of the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper pad, too. The yellow design print is the reverse of the cute green-and-yellow polka dot print that I used for the birdie's wing. The finished card is 3 1/2" x 5", which SU sells in a pack of 20 which includes envelopes. So handy! Here's the full recipe for you.
{sweet little bird card}
*Stamp Set: Thank You Kindly
*Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper
*Inks: Chocolate Chip
*Accessories: Pinking Hearts Border punch, Extra-Large Two-step Bird punch
Have a great day! Bye for now :)


7 comments:

~amy~ said...

tweet!!!! love the colors you used!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Love everything about this card, especially the two punches!
Hope you are doing well in your stormy weather.
Take care!
Kris

NinaB said...

I love this, Rose. This punch is on my order list, for sure!

Julie Marshall said...

Cute card. Love your bird! TFS.

Melissa Sauls said...

Love love love it!! I just adore your style Rose and I'm always looking forward to seeing what you'll make next!

Jane said...

LOVE this card!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Helen F. said...

So sweet! Love this beautiful little bird too :O)