Saturday, January 2, 2010

A peek at the My Digital Studio program

As one of my 2010 resolutions, I was organizing around the computer today and came upon one of my favorite photos of my grandmother {="Lola" in Tagalog} and I when I was a little tot back in the Philippines. Looking at the picture brings back such a warm memory of my Lola. Thank goodness for technology - I got to scan the picture to save digitally for posterity! Anyway, I thought I'd scrapbook the photo to capture the moment, so I created a one page layout using Stampin'Up!'s My Digital Studio {MDS} program. Here's a screenshot of what the program looks like: It's a great interface that's very user-friendly. I love that you can add stamps, punches, embellishments, decorative papers....and they all coordinate with Stampin'Up!'s line of products. These options appear on the right column in the screenshot above. For this scrapbook page, I used the Cheep Talk stamp set for the birds and branch, and I incorporated some button and ribbon embellishments that are all part of the program. It was fun putting this together! Here's the finished product: See the birds on the top and bottom of the page, and how they are mirror images of each other? That's one of the super cool features of the program - you can flip and rotate images, and change the sizes of them as well. It's pretty awesome. I think I'll definitely be playing with this program more often this year.

Here's more info on MDS: Have a great day!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooo fun!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rose for stopping by my blog!!!! I love looking at old pictures too. Great layout, thank you for sharing it!

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

rose, this look like a LOT of fun! And RIGHT up my alley, too! In fact, I just purchased a similar program - it's called MemoryMixer and seems to function in a similar way. I haven't actually had a chance to play with it much yet cause I just got it a few weeks ago and it's been toooooo busy since then! Anyways, I'm excited to see more of what you create with this program. :)

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Great picture and layout!
I also plan on spending a bit more time with MDS... :)
Take care!
Kris

barb said...

I love this page, Rose. I own MDS, but have yet to really dig into it. I tried, but quickly became discouraged because it didn't seem to cooperate well with my mac. One of my goals for 2010 is to really use this product because it was quite an investment! Thanks for the inspiration!
barb hendrickson