Sunday, May 31, 2009

40 is the new 30

It's a chilly and misty Sunday morning here in Southern CA by the beach. I'm trying to fire myself up for a run after yesterday's all day eating fest from the Birthday Celebrations we attended! But first, I thought I'd do a post.

Today, I am sharing a couple of cards I made for 2 of my cousins that just turned 40 this past week. It's funny how your perspective changes as you approach certain ages. Back in my 20s, I thought 40 was SOOO old, but now that it's an age that's getting closer for me too...well, my new mantra is 40 is the new 30! Funny, huh? But since I'm not quite there yet, I can poke fun at my cousins who are. Here are the cards I made, using the Cheers to You stamp set.This is another version of the "step" or "accordion" type of card, called a "side step card," inspired by Yvonne Metz. I used the Rockabilly Specialty paper on this one, and I thought the skull and cross bones paper added the touch I was going for (smile!).
For this card, I used the Sizzix Textured Embossing Plates for the background. Wondering what I used for the "40"? These are from a Cuttlebug alphabet set called Red Tag Sale and they work beautifully with the Big Shot as well! All other supplies I used are Stampin'Up! (I used the Matchbox and Pennant Bigz XL dies too...love me the Big Shot!) Hope you have a great day! It's time for me to go burn some calories...


3 comments:

Michelle said...

2 wonderful cards! TFS!agstrism

Michelle said...

lol sorry..for some reason the word verification code typed onto my comment...
lol ..I dont know how that happened...

Ann said...

Love the over the hill card!! :)