Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trendy Classic Greeting Card Kids

So, I'm back with the 3rd card from the Greeting Card Kids stamp set.  I seem to have a school-girl crush on this set {wink!}.  For today's card,  I'm calling it trendy-classic, because it's my interpretation of a little modern take with a vintage image.  You can be the judge ;)  Since last week, I've been determined to make a card with each of the cute images from Greeting Card Kids.  Technically, this would be the last image of the set I haven't used yet, but it seems very appropo for Back To School time.  Here's a look at my full card.
So, what do you think?  I thought it was a fun look.  I think I still have the CB2 catalog on the brain.  The clean modern lines, and this color scheme have been quite a point of inspiration for me!  I love the ric rac with the scallops, and the angular lines are a good change up for me, too, I think.  Aren't these school kids so cute?  I think they're fun!  Here's the recipe for you:
{Trendy Classic Greeting Card Kids}
*Stamp Sets: Greeting Card Kids, Just Believe
*Cardstock: Basic Gray Textured, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze
*Inks: Basic Black, Poppy Parade Classic Ink Pads; Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Blush Blossom, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Basic Gray Markers
*Accessories: Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Scallop Squares Duo, Vintage Trinkets Brads
Here's a look at all the Greeting Card Kids stamp set (#120633, $15.95):

An adorable bunch, aren't they?  I have one more share...technically, I've already made a card using the cute little Valentine image {I made a birthday card for Laura at 2S4Y on this post here}, but stay tuned for another one :)

That's it for now!  Have a great day!


3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

So very cute! LOVE those images! :)

Judy Jackson at ashjoshgrma@sbcglobal.net said...

I really like the way you used this set. This the 1st comment at your blog.

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Very sweet card Rose! Your coloring is perfect!