Saturday, September 11, 2010

polka dot flower {Birthday Wishes}

Happy Saturday to you, blog friends!  I've had a productive morning so far - I ran 4 miles and then I got to play with my stamps!  Today, as I was blurfing, I was inspired to play in the Stamping411 challenge.  I had cut some dies out of the Circles Originals die the other day because I wanted to make one of those lollipop flowers, which seem to be all the rage right now - on purses, tops, shoes...you name it!  So, I created this flower, and it just so happened that it would work out for this sketch.  How do you like that little snippet of my card so far?  The flower is so fun! Plus, I love the Love Letter DSP..so pretty and romantic!  Here's what the sketch looks like:
And here's a full look at my card:

I used the Cherry Cobbler seem binding ribbon from the Holiday Mini.  I love the delicate texture - it makes such pretty bows too!  On this card, I had made a few bow loops, then I just tied the knot around the middle, and viola!  You've got a pretty full and loopy bow!  For the flower, I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake, then I misted each circle and crumpled them up into tiny balls.  After that, you unfold them and let them dry, the you layer them on top of each other until you get the flower look you like.  Finally, I secured it with one of the glimmer brads.  So easy and it makes such a statement!  Hope you like it.  Here's the recipe for you:
{Polka Dot Flower Birthday Wishes}
All supplies Stampin'Up!

*Stamp Set:  Occasional Quotes
*Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Love Letter DSP
*Inks: Crumb Cake, Basic Black
*Accessories: Circles 2 Originals die, Cherry Cobbler Seem Binding, Modern Label punch, Champagne Glimmer Brad, Corner Rounder punch
Hope you have a great weekend!  Thanks for coming by :)


15 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, rose! wowee, you ran 4 miles, i'm so out of shape...i don't think i could run one, hehe. back to your card, super pretty, love your lollipop flower! very elegant card. thanks for sharing and have a great rest of your weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Selene Kempton said...

That ribbon is delicious! and I love the great flower! Really beautiful!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous! love the bloom!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Cute, cute! I have to get some of that binding!

Kerin said...

Love that flower! The dsp and ribbon are fab too! Thanks for playing along this week :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is to die for gorgeous!!!! Did you make this for me??? Love it!!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the rose and the ribbon-thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

This is drop dead wonderful girl!!! Love everything about it and that bow is totally awesome!!! I am so going to try your way of doing these bows!! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us this week!!

Patty Bennett said...

FABULOUS!! You can't go wrong with that paper or color combo... you've made it even more fab!
Patty

Norma said...

I love the polka dotted flower. Super cute card.

Patti Chesky said...

Fun flower!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful card...love the flower, great colors!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Love the whimsical feel of it!

gbarron56 said...

fabulous flower and great card. Love the contrast between the red and black! Just great! Thanks for playing at Stamping 411! blessings, Gretchen

Kelly said...

FANTASTIC CARD!!! My pick of the day! www.facebook.com/stampinupwithkelly
Love your blog!