Sunday, September 19, 2010

yummy eats at the Lobster Festival

We had a great time today at the Lobster Festival at the Ports of Call in San Pedro.  As a matter of fact, I'm still full!  We celebrated my Dad's birthday today and it was quite the eating fest.  The lobsters were yummy!!  Here are a few snaps from our day.
How delicious does this guy look?  He was quite a tasty crustacean.

Here are my folks getting ready to dig in.

And Michael and I with a quick photo op before we started feasting!

Here's a picture with "Flat Daniel" - it's a picture of "Flat Daniel's journey around the world.  If you're wondering who Flat Daniel is, he's the little cutout among the lobster and he happens to be the mascot for one of Michael's cousin's class projects.  The goal is to photograph Flat Daniel in locations he visits as he travels the world in an envelope.  How fun is this project! 

Here's one more pic of Flat Daniel with a view of the Pacific Ocean in the background on this gorgeous day!  We'll probably have Flat Daniel visiting us for the next few days before we send him off to his next destination. 

That's all I got for now. 

Have a goodie!


6 comments:

Vicki said...

How cute is Flat Daniel! That is such a good idea. My son loves the "lat Stanley" books and this is great idea!

Vicki said...

Oops, that should have said FLAT Stanley.. not lat Stanly... :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo, that lobster looks YUMMY! happy birthday to your dad! your folks are too cute. thanks for sharing! i think we got a flat leilani going around in hawaii :). have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

~Olga said...

That feast looked yummio! Hope you and your family had a wonderful time. Lovin' the Flat Daniel!!! TFS...

threebutterflykisses

Kathy Martin said...

How fun to attend a lobster festival! Looks yummy! I haven't had lobster in a LONG time!

Regina Mangum said...

Rose, I love your Flat Daniel idea and your folks are so adorable. I'm going to make a Flat John and send it around the world. I'm originally from SoCal and I love San Pedro!