Saturday, February 28, 2015

Irresistable matchbook mints tutorial!


I'm back with the quick and easy tutorial for the Matchbook Mints.  Super simple! For the matchbook covers, I used one sheet of the Irresistably Yours DSP which I just LOVE! The pack comes all white, but by using the "resist" technique, you'll see that the prints resist the ink colors and create beautiful background papers.  Here's a look:


So first, let me start off by saying I cut the 12x12 sheet into two 4 1/2" x 12" pieces, and one 3" x 12" piece. The pic above shows 2 of the 3 pieces.  I sponged the DSP and really love how these 2 panels turned out!  Now here's a look at the 3 colors - Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, and Strawberry Slush -  cut into the 4 1/2" x 1 1/2" strips for the matchbox covers. Score each of these strips at 2", then you'll see there's a half inch that you fold over.  This is the flap that you'll staple with your mint in place.


Now for the 3 simple ingredients:


1) Mints, 2) cardstock, 3) stapler.


And finally, you need to put your mints in something right?  Here's my fave berry basket with the pom moms. Viola! Cute mints in a giftable or cute put-on-your-desk-at-work container, ready for displaying and giving.

For a quick summary of the steps, here's a little cheat sheet for you:


And, last but not least - here's a list of supplies for your quick reference!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Thanks for popping by!  Hope you have fun making these. Would love for you to leave me a comment and share so I can visit your blogs!

Have a great rest of your weekend!



1 comments:

Regina said...

hello, Rose
that's a easy and quickly project! Thanks for the tutorial!
Regina*