Monday, September 13, 2010

2S4Y Time!

This week's sketch for 2S4Y was a lot of fun to do.  I've been on a flower kick lately and again, I had created the flower first and then created the card to put it on afterwards...pretty backwards, huh?  Here's a look at the sketch - {I was excited to see that I'd have a spot to put my flower}: 
And here's a look at my full card:
I love this color combo - I was inspired to use this palette after perusing the CB2 catalog...they've got this gray/ poppy color scheme subliminally embedded in my head!  How fun are those daisy flowers from Starving Artistamps!  They are this week's sponsor at 2S4Y.  I double stamped them to create that silhouette look.  For some reason, this card reminds me of France - maybe because of the pretty poppy fields I remember seeing from the train when we had vacationed there.  It could also be that the words on the paper I used are in French! ;)  Oh, how I'd love to go back to Paris one of these days!

So how do you like my poppy flower?  I promise I will share a tutorial on how to make them.  For now, suffice it to say that they are made out of the modern label punch.  You'll see they are super easy to make, too.  Here's the recipe:
{Bunch o'daisies birthday wish}
*Stamp Set: Starving Artistamps, Occasional Quotes
*Cardstock: SU! Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Presto Patterns Specialty DP
*Inks: SU! Basic Black, Poppy Parade Classic Ink Pads, Smooch Spray in Silver Foil
*Accessories: Extra Large Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Silver waffle paper, Very Vanilla Seem Binding, Antique Brads
Whaddaya think?  Would love to hear from you! I also hope you'll come and play along with us at 2S4Y!  Have a great week!


3 comments:

~amy~ said...

p-r-e-t-t-y! Love the basic gray with the poppy...soooo pretty!

Norma said...

Rose, Just beautiful love that Poppy color. Yes, please a tutorial on that beautiful flower:) love it. I received all my goodies that I ordered. Thank you can't wait to share:) Super excited!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty! Love the double stamped flower image! :)