Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Be{witchingly} Adorable Halloween!

Hey there!  I'm back with my second card from the Greeting Card Kids stamp set.  I am just in love with all these cute images!  Here's the card I made with the cute little witch.  Now, how stinkin' cute is she?  I had fun coloring her in and getting her ready for Halloween!  Can you guys tell that I can't seem to get enough of the sponging?  I love the effect of the Whisper White craft ink on the edge of my Concord Crush scalloped square frame.  I also sponged around the edge of the Whisper White piece with Crumb Cake.  Here's a little bit of a closer look:
I used the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die for my ric rac - it's got so many fun trims on the die, which I just love!  I think one of the great things about this set is that the images remind me of the old school children's books or coloring books, so I find that coloring in these images is lots of fun for me and brings me back {heehee!  ah the younger days!}.  Not only that, but I really do love Stampin'Up!'s new markers.  The rich colors are so yummy!
I do love me the buttons to embellish my card, so I strung these 3 on the hemp twine and put a mini glue dot behind to keep them in place.  Then I secured the twine with a bow.  Viola!  There's my card in a nutshell.  One more look for good measure:
Here's the recipe for you:
{Happy Bewitchingly Adorable Halloween}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamps: All Holidays, Greeting Card Kids
*Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Concord Crush, Sweet and Sour DSP
*Inks: Basic Black and Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pads, Whisper White Craft Pad; Concord Crush, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Blush Blossom, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede  markers,
*Accesories: Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die, Scallop Square Bigz die, Modern Label punch, Regals Buttons, Hemp Twine
Thanks for popping by!  Ciao for now :)


4 comments:

Jane said...

ADORABLE! LOVE it!
Yup, there's another one in Split! ;)
xo

Cindy Major said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the threaded buttons at the bottom :)

Diana Carr said...

Cute card. I love the colors and the buttons!

Norma said...

Awww she's so adorable. I love the buttons:)