Saturday, April 24, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 110

Happy Saturday, blog peeps!  I've got just a quick post for you today - it's a card/CD Holder I created for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 110.  Here's a look at the sketch:
And now for my full card:
I really do have the Hawaii theme on the brain...counting down the days til our summer vacation, I guess!  I've also been playing with the different flower combinations I can create from the Island Floral Bigz die. The center flower is from the Blossom Party die, however.  Here's a little bit of a brighter shot:
How about those leaves?  I used the Ornament punch and then ran it through the new Impressions Square Lattice embossing folder available in the SU! Summer Mini on May 1!  I also even stenciled it up a bit in the background, using the Kind Thoughts Brocade Stencil.  Wanna see the inside of the card?  Here it is:
More of the island theme carried into the card too!  These CD holders are fun to use - lots of things you can do with them! 

I've actually got to get going, so I'll catch up with you guys a bit later!  Have a great weekend! Thanks for visiting!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the big, bold flower! Great card!

Lisa Brown said...

super cute! love it!

Linda Beeson said...

Wonderful! I love that sketch and I love those colors and papers you used.

Melissa Sauls said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! So glad you could play along with the sketch challenge! :)

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE this!!

can2rus said...

I love the tropical theme! It makes me wish I was lying on a beach somewhere! The colors are so vibrant and bold and really pop!

Cindy Lee said...

Look at this bright and cheery card! That big fllower is gorgeous!

Winter said...

So cute! I LOVE that flower! :)

Keva said...

Wow! Whata beauty! Fun colors, beautiful design..I love it!

Taylor said...

Hi Rose! Thanks for participating in the TESC110 sketch challenge! I just love the fresh, springy colors in your card...especially those patterned leaves and the big fuzzy corduroy brad for the flower center! I've selected your card as one of our Top Crops this week! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/05/tesc111-top-crops-te-sponsors-cps.html

And here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

Janetcraft said...

I love your colors that you place on the cards.. fresh and lovely

Anonymous said...

Rose, this is absolutely amazing! Love it all!