Monday, April 19, 2010

{delicate} tissue flower

Wow - is it really Monday already?  Well, to start you off on your week, the card I created for today is based on a tissue flower technique that Liz Miller demonstrated at the WooHoo event this past weekend.  Of course I had to go home and try it! In making it, I was amazed at how delicate the flower looked as I crumpled and ruffled up the tissue!  Here's a close up of the flower:
Aren't those petals so natural looking?  I had fun making this flower - so easy and the finished flower looks so impressive!  Here's what I did to create this:

1.  I used the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch and punched out about 10 layers of gift wrapping tissue.  In order to punch it out properly, you'll need to sandwich the tissue between regular copy paper to create the firmess needed for your punch to go through all the tissue layers. 
2. Then I sponged the tips of the petals with s sponge dauber. 
3. Once I completed that, I stacked up all the flowers and used my paper piercing tool to create a hole in the center of the flower for my brad to go through. 
4.  After securing the flowers with the brad, I crumpled up the entire flower and mashed it into a ball.
5.  Then, I fluffed up and scrunched each of the layers until I was satisfied with my flower.
6.  For the petals, I used the new Island Floral Bigz die {available in the Summer Mini}

So whaddaya think?  I also tried my hand at making a vintage card.  I love seeing vintage cards, but I feel like I struggle creating the look.  So I decided to take baby steps.  I sponged the edges to create a vintage-y feel, but I think I've got a ways to go.  This is a technique I'll have to continue practicing!  Anyways, in the meantime, here's the recipe for the card for you:
{Delicate Flower Birthday}
*Stamps: Happy Moments, Tiny Tags
*Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP
*Accessories: Island Floral Bigz die, Impressions Square Lattice embossing folder, Old Olive Grosgrain striped ribbon, Square Ice Rhinestone Brad, Scallop Oval, Large Oval, and Modern Label punches, brads, tissue
Have a great day!  By for now :)


2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous! Love the bloom!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Rose this is just beautiful!!! Love that beautiful flower! Great card! :)