Saturday, April 10, 2010

2S4Y Card Sketch

Morning blog peeps!  Hope you're enjoying your Saturday so far.  I had a nice and relaxing morning and did a bit of blurfing, which was fun.  That's how I came across doing this challenge today and also came across my inspiration to create the flower on my card!  Here's a look at Laura's Sketch 49 from 2S4Y:
Then, I saw this flower tutorial on The Wedding Chicks blog, so I wanted to figure out how to incorporate it on the card!  Here's a look at the full card.
Isn't the flower fun?  Here's another look at it, from the side view:
Turns out, it's so easy to do! I'd love to make a vase of these...yet another project I'll have to get to.  And lastly, the butterfly - I sponged the edges with Creamy Carmel to soften it up a bit:
Now, you've gotten a look at all the card elements...Here's the recipe for you.
{Bloom and Butterfly for Mom}
*Stamps: SU! Messages for Mom; PTI Turning a New Leaf
*Inks: SU! Regal Rose and Old Olive
*Cardstock: SU! Sweet Pea DSP, So Saffron, Very Vanilla Textured CS, Whisper White, Walk in the Park DSP {retired}
*Accessories: Flower Layers die, SU! Beautiful Butterflies die, Scallop Circle punch (for the flower center); PTI Button and string
Hope you like it!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Enjoy your weekend :)

ETA:  Pals Paper Art's got a flower challenge this week, too, so I'm adding this card in as my second entry ;)


25 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What a fabulous card! Love your flower and butterfly! :)

Jane said...

OMG!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! That flower is just GORGEOUS!

cnelson said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! That flower is AMAZING!

Lisa Petrella said...

That flower is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE IT! This is such a cheery card! Way to go!

Michele Gross said...

Oh I love that flower! Stunning card:)

Julie A. said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!

Dawn said...

I agree Rose, this is amazing! Did you tie little knots at the ends of the antennae?? Such detail!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow this is amazing!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Vicky said...

Absolutely fabulous card - Love that gorgeous flower

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on your win!

Jane said...

Rose!!! You won! YAY!!! Isn't that funny!!! You FINALLY get those buttons I promised you 100 years ago!!!! ;) And funny thing is...I'm actually working on some buttons with you in mind!!!!
Congrats and thanks for playing along and your support! Please email me your choice of 6 digi stamps!!
xo

~amy~ said...

woot woot sista!!!! congrats!!! your card is absolutely a-mazing!!

Smita said...

This is such a stunning card!! Love the flower... Congrats on the COTW at 2S4Y. :-)

Lisa said...

Stunning card! Congrats on being COTW at 2S4Y!!

Shauna said...

So pretty! I love that flower!

Janelle said...

Congrats to you on being the week's winner! Fabulous card -- love that flower!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet, sweet card, Rose. Congrats on the COTW @ 2S4Y!!!!!

Cindy Lee said...

CONGRATS on your win Rose!!! So well deserved!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Cards by Gina said...

Such a pretty card! Love that flower and butterfly! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Nancy L. said...

wow!! your card is beautiful!!

dining table said...

What a very nice card! The flower is so adorable. You did a great job!

Vicki said...

Hey Rosemarie,
I love the card, colours and the flower! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card Rose!
Everything is beautiful about it!
Did you use the Flower Layers w/ Leaf die for the bigger flower?
Hugs,
Kris

Julie Marshall said...

Beautiful card...love that butterfly. So clever! TFS.