Friday, April 9, 2010

butterfly for Mom's Day

Hey there blog peeps!  Soooo glad the weekend is here!  Today, I'm sharing my second swap card that I created for my SWAP Team group, which was a Mother's Day themed card.  I know you've probably figured out that I'm pretty infatuated with my Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die since I've rediscovered it a couple of weeks ago.  I can't seem to get enough of the butterflies!  Here's a look at the Mother's day card I made:
I do love the Melon Mambo and Apricot Appeal color combo!  It's such a bright and happy palette. Now that we'll be saying goodbye to Apricot Appeal at the end of June, I definitely want to show how pretty it looks, especially in the Springy and Summertime cards you can create!  I sure will miss it personally (of course, I will probably order a few packs of cardstock and hoard it for my own personal use!)  What's unexpected in the color combo is the little bit of Bashful Blue.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked my trio flowers with the soft blue centers!  Here's the recipe for you:
{Butterfly for Mom's Day}
All Supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Messages for Mom
*Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Kaleidoscope DSP, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
*Inks: Melon Mambo Classic Pad
*Accessories: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Perfect Details Texturz plate, Scallop Trim Border, Trio Flower punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Sherbet Button, Pretties half pearl
Hope you like it!  Enjoy your weekend!  Bye for now :)


4 comments:

Karen B. said...

This color combination and card are absolutely stunning!

Jane said...

This is soooo GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE LOVE the yummy colours! Who could get enough of butterflies! They're perfect!

Shauna said...

I love how bright and cheerful this card is. Everything pops off the page!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Love the colors!
I will have to dig out my butterflies! ;)
Hugs,
Kris