Thursday, April 15, 2010

I can't believe I WON!

Yes!  It's true.  I can't believe it myself! I've never won anything like blog candy online in the almost 2 years I've been blogging, and finally that changed this past weekend.  I was so excited to discover that my card was picked for the 2S4Y (2 Sketches For You) Card of the Week!!!  So, not only did I get some fun card props from the awesome gals, Laura and Kazan at 2S4Y, but that also meant that I won this week's Sponsor's giveaways.  WooHoo!  I was SOOO ECSTATIC when I found out that my prizes included homemade buttons and Digistamps created by the talented Jane Beljo, along with 6 gel pens to boot!  How fun is that?!  I've had the pleasure of "virtually" meeting Jane, online and she truly is such a sweet and awesome person.  I'm a big fan.  I couldn't wait to create something with her adorable stamps, so here's what I made.
I created this card for my niece Lily's upcoming birthday next month.  It's amazing how much the little princess (who was modeled after Jane's daughter) looks so much like my niece, too (once I colored her hair brown, that is)!  I even paper pieced this card - her dress, shoes, the cake, and banner....this is defnitely the most paper piecing I think I've ever done!  Here's a look at the card in full view:
I used Jane's Digistamps, a PTI button and twine, and Stampin'Up! of course for the pretty Sweet Pea DSP, cardstock, ribbon, and punches.  What do you think?  Hope you like it.

Sorry for being so quiet this week...I had to contain my excitement til now because I've been super busy at work.  I haven't had a whole lot of time to get my crafting on!  Anyways, hope you guys had a great week.  Thanks for popping by for a visit.  I really appreciate it! :)

I promise I'll catch up with you guys in a bit.  Ciao for now.


4 comments:

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! How FUN! LOVE her little pink polka dot shoes!!! Can't wait for you to get the buttons!!
xoxo

Kathy Martin said...

Congratulations on your win at 2S4Y! This card is super cute! Love the paper piecing and the adorable colorful papers you used! :)

~amy~ said...

woot woot!!!! congrats on the 2s4y win!!!! Love your card for today!

Lisa Brown said...

Woohoo! Rose! Congrats! Love your card...absolutely precious!