Thursday, July 2, 2009

Raspberry Suite Challenge 11

Morning everyone! With yesterday's new Stampin'Up! catalog kickoff and all the new announcements, it was tought to squeeze this challenge in, but once I saw it posted on Dawn's blog, I just had to play! Here are this week's colors:I discovered last week that Dawn and I have the same birthday - how fun is that? No wonder I'm so drawn to her work! For this week's challenge, I used one of my new Big Shot toys (disclaimer - the scallop card die is something I got last month at the Creating Keepsakes vendor fair, so this is not in the new catty) - I love me the scallops, so I was excited to use this die for the very first time! I also used the Swirl Scribbles Sizzlit and the Loopy Flowers decorative strip - both of which ARE in the SU catalog! Here's the card I created. The colors I used are Real Red, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi (retired In Color), Going Gray, and Basic Black with just a smidgin of white here and there. Here's another view where you can see how fun the scallops are:What do you think? Hope you like it! Here's the recipe:
*Scallop card Bigz XL die, Daisies #2 Bigz die, Loopy Flowers decorative strip, and Swirl Scribbles sizzlit die, Scallop Movers and shakers bigz xl die insert
*Wings of Friendship stamp set
*Melon Mambo classic ink
*Melon Mambo textured cardstock, Going Gray, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper white cardstock
*Red and green buttons, white cafe latte buttons, crochet flower, double stitched Wild Wasabe ribbon, hot pink thread, scallop oval punch

Thanks for visiting today! Have a great one ;)


17 comments:

Jane said...

Okay, this card made me scream! I BLOODY LOVE IT!!!!!!! You rocked these colours.....I'm having a hard time with these colours!
have a question......where did you get that green spikey thing that you displayed your card on??? I so want one but I don't even know what it is and where to look for one.
bye!

Jane said...

Thanks Rose! btw....your card made me scream again! love it!

Aimee said...

What an adorable and fun card!

Can't wait to see neew projects you'll come up with using new catalog products...my order got a bit larger than I had planned...haha

Lisa Brown said...

This is so adorable, Rose! Perfect for the challenge!

Maureen P said...

This is so fun and full of wonderful details! FABULOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Wow! That is what I said when I opened your blog. Great card! Love the scallop card die!
Take care!
Kris

Randee E said...

So pretty, love the scalloped edges!

Ann said...

This is beautiful!! The color combination is awesome!! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is stunning!! Great job with the challenge!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Wonderful work! :) Just gorgeous!

Ann said...

Beautiful job with the colors!

Traveling Mama said...

Super sweet card! Love how you used the colors! I thought they were tough!
Hugs from Morocco!

Janelle said...

Now THAT is one cute card. Love those scallops, the swirls, everything! (I'm hoarding my last bits of Wild Wasabi -- think SU should bring it back. And let you buy Going Grey cardstock as an individual color like all the rest. But...now I'm on my soapbox. Sorry. Your card is great!)

Jessica said...

Very pretty and bright!! I love how you use black to create a shadow on your flower :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose, This is stunning, I can't say enough about it!

Karen said...

A very happy card! Isn't it fun when we get to play with a new paper crafting toy?! Love those scalloped edges! :>

Sue Lelli said...

Just LOVE it! the scalloped card is so perfect with all of the swirls! LOTS of great details! PS I, too, want to know where you got the green spikey thing!