Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My 2008 Christmas card

I knew I wanted to make a penguin card, and after I saw this penguin candy dish created by nuznannie on the Splitcoaststamper's gallery, I was inspired to use the top note to create my little penguin. Here's the first one I made:

I was really happy with him! I liked how his feet made him look like he was standing on his own. Here are the punches I used for him:
- 1/2" circle for his eyes
- large oval for his beak and his arms
- curly label for his feet
- corner rounder to round out the top of his head
- top note die for his body

Unfortuantely, time was of the essence if I was gonna get out my Christmas cards anytime soon, and he was pretty time intensive to create! So, I decided to make a few modifications to streamline the process and still do a penguin card for the masses. Here's the final card I came up with - while he lost his arms and his sign, I thought he was a pretty cute guy even still:

This is what my penguin army looked like when I was done making them and ready to start writing!

Hope you enjoy! Have a great day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and penguin bag!! I must case this for my stampers, they're going to love it! Just found your blog today (actually ready your UA signature looking for it). Your blog is fabulous, hope to find time to visit often!!

Pearlann66 said...

your penguin army is just so cute!!