Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baubles and bling

Today I thought I'd share one of my other hobby passions - jewelry making! I picked up the hobby a few years ago from one of my friends who showed me a few basic steps on wire wrapping and I was hooked! While it's been tough to split time between my hobbies, there have been quite a few occassions when my hobbies have actually come in handy for gifts or special order requests. Here are two pieces I've made - both spoken for already - for holiday gifts. This is a jade and sterling silver necklace:

I was inspired to create these simple earrings from a cute pair of earrings I saw in Prague from our trip this past summer. This picture doesn't do them justice - you can't see how they sparkle when the light hits them!

I need to create a few more jewelry gifts for Christmas, so once I finish my stamping duties (ie finish off and mail the Christmas cards), I'm on to making jewels! :)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly talented. I can't wait to receive my purchase of those beautiful jewels! When will we see more creations from Rose Diehl Designs?