Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking back on 2008

2008 sure has been quite a ride. It was definitely filled with both fun times and some speed bumps along the way. We were fortunate enough to take a trip to Europe in the summer time, though as fall rolled around, I also experienced what it's like to be laid off and STILL looking for work. But in the grand scheme of things, that's not so bad. We just spend a wonderful Christmas with my family and I have lots to be thankful for. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and family and a great network of awesome friends. The silver lining has been my newfound time to spend on my stamping and jewelry hobbies, which I've found to be a great source of inspiration and motivation to what may lay ahead for me in 2009. While I am still focused on finding a "day" job, I do enjoy cultivating my stamping outlet - as both a craft and a business. I've enjoyed being able to put more time in doing my blog, which I've found has been a great way for me to hone and sharpen my marketing skills during this job search. I also like the ability of being able to plan and schedule stamp classes!

The whole blogging world has been fun to explore - I've met a handful of new "virtual" friends and bloggers and it has definitely opened up a new channel for creativity, friendship, and comraderie for me as well. It truly is amazing how the internet and common interests can bring people together!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, while 2008 was filled with lots of ups and downs in my world, I am excited and hopeful of good things to come. As we count down the hours and minutes til the end of 2008, I want to wish you all a safe, happy, and fulfilling 2009.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog