Friday, May 16, 2014

Sneak peek - Blendabilities {up close}


Hi all!  Hope you had a great week!  Here's the post I wanted to share with you earlier this week - it's a closer look at the cool new Blendabilities markers by Stampin'Up!  I was so excited about this product that I couldn't wait to get my hands on them.  If you're wondering how they differ from the other markers that Stampin'Up! offers, it's that these are alcohol based markers and the original Stampin'Up! markers are water based.  For those crafters out there that like to blend and shadow, then these markers are just for you!  I used the Blended Bloom stamp, which I found works so well with these markers and really make the petals comes to life, don't you think?  One key thing I want to also point out is that you want to use the Black Memento Ink ink pad so that the stamped image doesn't bleed with the Blendabilities markers.

As you can see, the markers come in packs of 3 in a dark, medium, and light shade and are sold for $11.95/pack.  The picture above shows the colors for Coastal Cabana, Cherry Cobbler, and Rich Razzleberry.  For the flower centers, I used the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities marker assortment.  Here are a few more pics for you:


I love the way the the marker shades create such realistic shadows and make the blooms appear three dimensional.


In this pic, we have the addition of the Old Olive assortment.  Doesn't that flower look so pretty too?  You can play with the intensity and shadows by adding more color and saturating sections of the flower more. The blending of these markers is amazing, too!  They key is to color in a circular motion and then add shadows by using the different shade or layering the colors on top of each other.  I had a great time experimenting with these and can't wait to play with them some more!

Hope you liked this sneak peek!  Thanks for the visit. Have a great weekend!


0 comments: