Sunday, May 25, 2014

Blending with Look up to father and Life in the forest


Hi there, blog friends! Hope you all are doing well! For those of you in the US, I hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend.  I just wanted to pop in with a quick post on a couple of simple cards using the Blendabilities markers.  With the 3 day weekend, I was so excited to carve out some time to craft.  I've been wanting to play with the Blendabilities more, so I decided to go with a simple outline type of image with the fox from the Life in the forest stamp set and one that had more of a complex shading outline with the Look up to Father stamp.  

Here's a closer look at the Look up to Father stamp set.  


I used the new Mossy Meadow In Color for the card stock and ribbon.  Such a pretty green!  It actually coordinates well with the Old Olive Blendabilities markers I used.  To add a smidge of rustic, I secured that gorgeous ribbon with Brown Sugar twine.  I do like how the twine is a thicker weight than the baker's twine.  It's a little more rugged, which is great for a masculine card.  Now, if you take a closer look at the tree, you'll see that the leaves and the grass are colored in using the 3 shades of Old Olive, which gives it that realistic dimensional feel to the image.  I've really enjoyed playing with these fabulous markers - I think it brings out the inner artist in everyone!

Now, here's the image of the fox:


Experimenting with the shading has been fun. For this fox, I used 2 of the 3 Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities markers here - the light and medium markers in the 3 pack. You can see where I added some shading on the ears, legs and tail, but it truly does blend in so nicely.  As you can see for both cards, I opted for the Woodgrain Embossing folder.  I guess you could say I've been in a woodsy sort of theme lately! :)

Well, thanks for stopping buy today.  I have one more thing I wanted to share...you have until June 4th to order the retiring stamps and accessories from this year's catalog (while supplies last) and Stampin'Up! is having a Blowout Sale where you can get some of your favorite products up to 50% off!  

Get your Memorial Day shopping fix and stock up on retiring products!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Bye for now :)


0 comments: