Friday, August 14, 2009

Raspberry Suite 14 Color Challenge!

Morning all, and Happy Friday! My Freebie Friday post is still to come, but in the meantime, I'm posting the card I created for Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite 14 Challenge. You all know how I can't seem to resist these challenges! The colors were pretty tough (for me, anyway!), so it took me a while to think of something to put together. I tell you, when I'm out of my color comfort zone, visualizing a design is hard! Luckily, my desire to use my new PTI stamps helped me overcome my creativity block. Today's card uses Dawn's PTI stamps - Damask Designs and Scattered Showers. Check it out: Aren't those umbrellas fun? Here are the supplies I used to create this card.
{Recipe}
*Stamps: (PTI) - Scattered Showers and Damask Designs
*Cardstock: (All SU!) Lavender Lace, Purely Pomegranate (retired), Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla
*Ink: (All SU!) Lavender Lace, Purely Pomegranate (retired), Melon Mambo Classic Ink Pads
*Accessories: Scallop Circle Bigz die, SU! Scallop Oval, Wide Oval, and corner rounder punches, Fiskars Border punch, SU Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon
Hope you like it. Thanks for looking! Check back in a bit for my Freebie Friday giveaway!


10 comments:

Maureen said...

love so much about this! The border punch, the way you used the colours, the images and the ribbon!! very pretty :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Great layout and I love how well your purple paper blends in!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your umbrellas! Awesome job on Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E

Andrea M said...

It came together beautifully!!! I love your card. I know what you mean about having "design block" when you're outside your comfort zone. Way to power through!

Taheerah said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Jane said...

Gorgeous!! love it!

Winter said...

So cute! I love that stamp set! :)

Dawn said...

Super cute! I have a question Rose. What ink are you using? I have the Scattered Showers set too, but I can't get it a crisp image. I've tried SU! in and Colorbox chalk ink...no luck. Thanks girl!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I love your little umbrellas!
Beautiful colors!
Very pretty card!
Take care!
Kris

Lisa Brown said...

very cute! love those little umbrellas!