Monday, February 9, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge 73

Happy Monday! I checked out today's Mojo Monday sketch and got motivated right away to create a card. My inspiration today came from the weather. It's been off and on rainy here in Southern CA and right now as I type, its in the middle of a downpour. I just love it! But alas, there is no sun to be had, so I thought I would use the Good Morning Sunshine DSP to fill in the void. And with Spring right around the corner, I decided to use the Upsy Daisy stamp set for all the flowers that will be starting to come up after this rain! Here's the card I came up with.

I'm really digging the subdued feel of this So Saffron/Chocolate Chip color combo. Now for the recipe:
*So Saffron and Chocolate Chip Classic stamp pads
*So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, and Shimmery White cardstock and Good Morning Sunshine DSP
*Upsy Daisy and All Holidays Stamp Sets
*Trio Flower, Curly Label, Slot and Ticket Corner punches
*Brads, Filigree flower and Chocolate Chip Double Stitched Grosgrain ribbon

For the daisy image, I stamped first in the So Saffron color then stamped again in Chocolate Chip just a tad off the original image to get that shadowy effect. What do you think? Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting and have a great Monday!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love the filigree flower...it adds a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Lovely...I never thought of putting a brad through those flowers...love it. :)

Hayley said...

Lush card - love that stamp set can't wait for it to come over the pond.
x

~T~ said...

I love it! It's my fav. so far under the Mr. Linky lists....course you did use my fav. colors :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Rose. I love it:)

Heather said...

Super cute! Love your cupcake background too!

Heather :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute card!! Love the colors and how you tied the stamp in with that fab new paper!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!

Krista said...

Love your card Rose !

Dori Shelton said...

So fabulous! I love the shadowing technique of the Upsy Daisy stamp. Will definitely have to keep it in mind.

Sue said...

Goegeous card, ive been tryin to find this stamp, luv the papers, n flowers, beautiful, hope your weather soon improves, sue.x