Monday, February 2, 2009

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 72!

Hello there! I'm back again today with my Mojo Monday sketch entry! I've come to look forward to this Monday challenge to spark my creativity for the week! I love playing with all my new Stampin'Up! goodies, so it was hard to pick what to use today. Since there are so many birthdays to celebrate this month, I have a vested interest in creating a bunch of birthday cards. Here's the card I created with the new Urban Oasis paper. I'm calling this card Baja Birthday cuz I love the baja breeze paper with this layout - to me, it looks very subdued and sophisticated with this color scheme. I think the card can be used for a guy or girl's bday..what do you think?


Here's the recipe:
*Crazy for Cupcakes and Party Hearty Stamp Sets
*Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White and Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper
*Texturz polka dot embossing plate background
*Scallop Circle, 3/4" circle and Scallop Edge punches
*Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Button bouquet
*Stampin'Up! Bigz XL die (for the larger scallop circle in kiwi kiss)

Hope you like it and thanks for looking!


18 comments:

Kristin Moore said...

I think it's spectacular! I love the paper pieced balloons, and fabulous colors! Great job on the sketch!!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful card, Rose!! Great job on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

It's darling!

Angela said...

How cute,

Catherine said...

great take on the sketch and love the colors that you choose :)

Catherine said...

BTW, thanks for stopping by and now i'm able to follow your beautiful creations :)

Caryl P said...

I am absolutely in LOVE with your card! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card! You are right I need to get to my craft room and play with my new stuff.

Melissa Sauls said...

Beautiful job on the sketch. I just love your cards! :)

Emily said...

This is adorable! I love the colors.

Krysta said...

Simple, yet elegant. I love how everyone has such a different take on the sketches. I don't know how you get yours made so quickly I'm still coloring mine. Thanks for sharing :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling! I love those paper pieced balloons. Thanks for playing! :)

LeAnne said...

PERFECT! I love the clean crispness of it, the cool colors, all the little details are so great!
TFS!
LeAnne

Ruby said...

Love your take on the sketch. Really lovely

Ruby said...

Hi Rose. Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. As you can see I loved yours too! It's amazing looking at the different takes on the sketches.

Priscilla said...

What a great card. I love the way you paper pieced the balloons, great idea! :o)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love what you did with this sketch!

Sue said...

congratulations on a sensational card, really eye catching!!