Friday, April 22, 2011

looking through a new lens...

Hi again, dear blog friends!  I know it's been a while since I've shared a crafty project, so I'm popping in with a quick post.  And, yes - from a NEW lens.  A new camera lens, that is!  In preparation for our upcoming  {and very fast approaching!} vacation, we got a new camera and I have to say I am IN LOVE with it so far!  It's my first DSLR camera, so there is definitely a lot to learn.  We got a Canon EOS Rebel T1i and these are a couple of my first few pictures.  Ok...I took a lot of random pictures so far just to get a feel of the camera and focusing and what not, but these are my first pictures of my crafting projects.  This is the swap card I happened to make for our UStamp With Dawn and Friends DT swap!  Hope you like it! It's an easel card I made using the Scallop Circle Bigz die.  The paper is a sneak peek from a new paper pack in the upcoming Summer Mini catalog called Beyond the Garden DSP.  Lots of cute stuff coming soon.  How about that flower?  It's an oldie but a goodie - it's the Fancy Flower punch and I notched the petals using the 5 Petal Flower punch!  I love crinkling up the flowers - it makes them more realistic to me.  Then, I just sponge daubered the edges and added a button center - viola!
I didn't use a flash with these pics - just natural lighting.  I am still on the Auto setting right now, but over time {and hopefully, there will be more available time for me at some point}, I hope to experiment with the different settings and styles.  For now, I'm pleased with the basics! 

As for our upcoming vacation, I'm not quite going to spill the beans as to where were're going yet..you'll just have to wait and see from the pictures!  We're not quite leaving yet - we've got a few more weeks to go...so I have some time to play with my camera in my teenie tiny bit of spare time.  I'll leave you with a parting shot I took of the sunset last night...
I was really happy with how that came out!  Not bad for a novice, eh?  I can't take credit - the sunset was beautiful and I just happened to snap a moment of it!  The colors in the sky looked so pretty against the shadows of the palm trees.  So fun..I'm getting quickly addicted to photography...and this camera.

That's it for now.  I'll catch up with you guys a bit later!


4 comments:

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

beautiful picture you made, i love it!

Sam said...

Ooooh...Congrats on the new camera. Your pics are lovely and clear. Love the sunset shot too. Very pretty.

Can't wait to see where you are going Rose! How exciting. Have a wonderful holiday!!

:o)
Sam.

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one lovely card ! love it ! great picture,
greetings, martina
x

Shannon said...

You are going to LOVE that camera. I have an EOS Rebel! AWESOME! Have fun with it.