Thursday, June 10, 2010

happy new baby {challenge card!}

Hey there blog peeps!  How are you all?  Today, I've got a card share for you that's doing triple duty!  First, it covers one of my swap cards this month, which is a baby theme.  Then of course, I had to get my challenge fix, so my inspiration came from the Taylored Expressions card sketch and the Embellish label color challenge.  Here's a look at the sketch and colors (it's actually my second card for the Embellish challenge!)

I have to say that I love the color palette for the Embellish challenge.  The colors are so pretty together.  Hence, my inspiration to do another card in this scheme!  And, how fun is the Taylored Expressions sketch!  Here's a look at my full card for you:

I used the Smooch Spray and the Presto Papers DSP to create my grid background and found that the finished paper looked so pretty!  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the Smooch Spray gives the paper a shimmery look to it.  All you need to do is spray the paper 2-3 times, then take a sponge and spread the smooch spray all over the DSP.  The color I used was Log Cabin.  At first I thought it was going to be really dark, but it's got a chocolate-coppery look to it.  Very cool!  For my circles, I used the Circle Bigz die for the white piece with the stroller image, then I used my Circle cutter for the mat.  The scallop circle is from the Scallop Circle #2 die.  Another thing I discovered in making this card is that the stroller image on the scallop circle would make a perfect sized tag, too!  Here's the recipe for you:
{Happy Baby Card}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes
*Cardstock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White, Presto Papers DSP
*Inks: Chocolate Chip classic pad, Regal Rose marker
*Accessories: Polka dot embossing folder, Scallop Trim border punch, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, Heart punch, Scallop Circle #2 die, Circle Cutter, Circle die, Itty Bitty Punches, brad
Hope you like it!  Thanks for coming by today!


10 comments:

Gail S. said...

Super cute card! I love the baby buggy!

Kathy Martin said...

Super duper CUTE! Love that baby carriage image! L(

Anonymous said...

cute card Rose. I got my pre order on Tues but haven't done any stamping yet. I got the log cabin smooch spray also and didn't realize you could color solid with it! TFS

sherry

Anonymous said...

I love your music! and of course ALl your cards!
Sharon

Nancy L. said...

really cute card!!

Taylor said...

Hi Rose! Thanks for participating in the TESC116 sketch challenge! Your card was selected as one of our Top Crops this week! You can check out the announcement here: http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2010/06/tesc115-top-crops.html

Here's a link to the Top Crops badge if you'd like to display it on your blog:

http://sites.google.com/site/tayloredexpressionsimages/images/TopCropsbadge.png

Mariana Grigsby said...

Adorable card! All the details are fabulous, Rose! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

Yet another adorable card for the challenge! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge again. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED your card, congrats on your top crop pick this week at TE

Charlene Austin said...

SUPER adorable card!!!