Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday workshop cards

Hey there. How's your weekend going so far? Well, today was a fantastic day for me.  Not only was it gorgeous and warm outside, I also got a good 6 mile run in and got to take in the scenery and the fresh outdoors firsthand. Then this afternoon, I had a fun hostess workshop!  It's been a while since I've had a hostess party, so I had a great time meeting a whole new group of gals.  Here are the 2 cards we made today.
How do you like this little birdie?  I used the Kaleidoscope DSP with Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay.  At first, I was not a big fan of this DSP, probably because it had Peacocks on it and we are tormented by these annoying birds in our neighborhood!  But now that spring is here, the color palette is growing on me and I have disassociated my lack of fondess for peackcocks from this DSP :)  We also used the Well Scripted sentiments for this card too - I can't get enough of that pretty font! For the ribbon, I actually used the solid side of the Bermuda Bay polka dot grosgrain ribbon, just to change it up a bit.
For our second card, I used the Upsy Daisy stamp set.  I love the daisy silouette in Melon Mambo.  To create the shadow effect, all you need to do is stamp twice, with the second image slightly offset from the first.  So pretty and so simple!  Here's the recipe for you: 

{Kaleidoscope Birdie}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Well Scripted
*Cardstock: Kaleidoscope DSP, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
*Inks: Bermuda Bay
*Accessories: Scallop Trim Border punch, Extra Large 2 step bird punch, brad, dimensionals, Bermuda Bay polka dot grosgrain ribbon
{Upsy Daisy Lemonade}
All Supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
*Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
*Inks: Melon Mambo
*Accessories: Big Shot, Crushed Curry polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Thanks for the visit!


3 comments:

Shauna said...

I love the splash of yellow on the second card there. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the cards Rose!
When is your marathon?
Take care!
Kris

Helen F. said...

Two great cards...love that Upsy Daisy stamp~it can be dressed up or down, depending on your card :O)