Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cheers to a double challenge and blog friends!

Hi there, blog peeps! I'm pretty excited about this card share for a few reasons: {1} I got to use this AWESOME digistamp that my friend Jane B. created, {2} I got to play in Dawn W.'s Color Cue challenge #2 and she's also a blog buddy I met online, and {3} got to play in the EBTKS Challenge #11, which is hosted by Courtney and a whole slew of talented stampers I admire. So, in a nutshell, this card was pretty darn fun for me to create. Now after all that buildup, I hope you guys like the card! Here's what the challenges look like:
The colors I used for the challenge are SU's Whisper White, So Saffron, Melon Mambo, and Bermuda Bay. For the image, I used Jane's Monstersmiley digistamp - isn't it so cute? I love how adorable it looks. This is the first time I used digistamps and found them to be really easy to work with. What's great is you can resize it to whatever size you want, as you can see with the 3 images. Here's a look at the full card. I love how the colors of my little monsters turned out - what a fun color combo! Here's the recipe for you.
{Monstersmiley Trio card}
All supplies Stampin'Up! except where noted.
*Stamps: Monstersmiley Digistamp {squigglefly}, Messages for Mom
*Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP
*Inks: Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay SU! Markers
*Accessories: Top Note Bigz die, Scallop Trim Border, So Saffron Twill Ribbon {retired SU!}
Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Elise said...

Heavens to adorableness! Are those so stinkin' sweet, or WHAT! Oh, my! What a wonderful way to celebrate Dawn's colors and play with that super sketch from the Kitchen Sink gals! This card, seriously, makes me smile! What a wonderful job!

Kim Wilson said...

Thank you for the comment :) looks like we do all the same challenges how funny :) small world! I am following now and please do the same I am starting challenges when I hit 45 followers and only a few away now so good odds of winning !

Dawn said...

Love those little monsters and how you colored them! Fabulous job pulling the challenges together. Such a vibrant and fun card!

Thanks for playing Rose!!

Lynnette said...

This is so cute. The monsters are lots of fun!

Julie Marshall said...

Love how you used the Top Note. Soooo cute! TFS!

Nancy L. said...

really cute!

Melissa Sauls said...

Awww...this is just tooo cute! Great job on the challenges and I am LOVING that big ribbon bow!! :)

Winter said...

That is too cute! I love everything about it! And that bow....WOW, it's perfect! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Cute monster card!
:)
Kris

Lisa Petrella said...

LOVE THIS!! Those monsters are so stinkin' cute!!! The color combo and bow are absolutely delish!!! Great job!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute! Those monsters are awesome! Thanks for playing EBTKS!

Helen F. said...

Too much cuteness goin' on here! Great combination of challenges, Rose.

Karen B. said...

Super cute monsters and card! Congrats on your recognition for the Color Cue!

Angie Tieman said...

Ooooh, super cuteness! Love it!