Monday, June 1, 2009

A little Father's Day Mojo

I've had Father's Day cards on the brain, and my ideas right now seem to be focused on Golf and Sailboats, so I continued that with My Mojo Monday Sketch 89 card. I did change it up a little...I used a striped Sail today and a less rounded bottom of the boat (thanks to the Small Oval punch)!I really loved this past year's In Colors, so I thought I'd pay some tribute to the Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red from the awesome Sweet Slumber DSP. Here's a picture of the Mojo Sketch this week so you can see the elements I had to work with - I stayed pretty true to form. Just added the ribbon and jumbo grommet, which - it turns out - is a really fun embellishment to use!I also had fun incorporating some texture from the Textured Very Vanilla cardstock I used for the sentiment as well as the circle background for the sailboat. Here's a closer look - the textured cardstock gives the stamped "Happy Father's Day" sentiment that worn out sort of look, which I like:
This is such a fun and summer-y color combo...even though the colors are on the bright side, I think it's sufficiently masculine, don't you think? I'd love to get your feedback. In the meantime, here's the recipe:
*All Holidays stamp set
*Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla Textured cardstock, and Sweet Slumber DSP
*Baja Breeze Classic Stamp pad
*Penant Bigz XL die (for the larger scallop circle)
*Riding Hood Red striped Grosgrain ribbon, Jumbo Grommet, rope twine (from the Holiday Mini catalog), Small Oval punch, 1 3/4" circle punch
Thanks for visiting today!


11 comments:

NinaB said...

This is fantastic, Rose. I love that colorful little boat. I've been trying to find my mojo, but being so busy lately, I haven't had time to play lately.:-(

Cheryl Walker said...

I love the sketch you used and the dp!!! Great job on the Fathers day card hun!!!!

Have a nice day!
Hugs,
cheryl

Lisa Brown said...

I love this card, Rose! The DSP looks awesome with the sailboat. Like how you used the jumbo grommet, too! Very pretty!

Krista said...

Great job Rose !

LeAnne said...

Gosh, this is terrific! I love the boat, the texture, everything! I really struggled with this layout and you can tell! Yours is fab!~

Ann said...

Such a great guy card! I love the colors!

Andrea said...

beautiful card.

craftypagan said...

Beautiful card! love the clean lines. The little boat is v.cute. Hugs Rowena

Dawn said...

This is one if my favs! Awesome job, the rope detail is ingenious.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Rose!!! I love that DSP and will be sad to see it go!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors. Thanks for playing! :)