Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mojo 90 card...at last!

Whew!!! This was a tough one for me. It took me some time to figure out what I wanted to do for this week's Mojo Sketch 90. I was hoping that I would have my sneak peek stuff, but since that's not coming til today (can't wait!), I decided to pay some tribute to a favorite retiring background stamp of mine - the Baroque background stamp. Wanna see the full card? First, let me share the sketch for this week:Very geometric sort of card this week with the square shapes, which ended up alluding me for a while as to what to do. So, here's what I came up with:As some of you who've visited my blog in the last few weeks will notice, I'm still very into doing the distressed flower! Here, I also added a touch of cinched up double stitched chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon as the outer flower. I love that ribbon flower look too! The corduroy buttons are also a fun acessory I've enjoyed using to embellish the cards. I finally got some twine in my last order, so i tied a bit of that through the button holes. Hope you like it!

Thanks for coming by today :)


5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Love your card, Rose! Anxiuosly awaiting my box of goodies, too!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Connie said...

This is stunning!! LOVE the colors and how you added the ribbon to your flower!!

Aimee said...

Very pretty...love the scrunched ribbon. That's harder than it looks! :)

Can't wait to see the *new* stuff you'll be making soon.

~amy~ said...

Thanks sooo much for stopping by my blog :) Your blog is fantabulous!!! I've just spent sometime surfing through it...cute, cute, cute stuff!!!