Saturday, August 13, 2011

Simple Posy Punch Thanks

Hi all!  Happy Saturday!  I've still got a case of the challenge bug, so today I'm sharing a quick card I made for the Pals Paper Arts challenge - where you need to use 1 piece of DSP 1 punch and 1 sentiment.  Plus, the inspiration photo reminded me so much of my kitty when we got him that I was inspired to play along!  Here's the inspiration photo:
How cute is that little kitty cat?  It soo reminds me of my Ollie when he was super little!  Well, anyway, here's a look at my full card:
This card was super easy to put together and I think it packs a lot of punch, considering how simple it is!  I love the Posy Punch Hostess stamp set and if you're curious as to what DSP I used, it's actually a Hostess DSP as well called Cheerful Treat, and what a treat it definitely is!  I punched out the Fancy Flower punch from the DSP, then I stamped the Posy Punch image {the flowers from this set actually coordinate perfectly with the Fancy Flower punch!} on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and lined it up with the punched DSP.  I then used dimensionals to adhere my DSP to the stamped cardstock.  Viola!  All I did after that was add the cute little pom pom trim at the top and then the button at the bottom of my pennant.  I hand cut the little "V" at the bottom, which was easy peasy!  Lastly, I stamped the Thank You from the "Thank You Kindly Stamp Set and I was done!  I think I'll be making a few more thank yous in this design cuz I think it's a fun and easy one to mass produce!  Plus, love the DSP!!  Hope you like it!  Here's the recipe for you.
{Simple Posy Punch Thank Yous}
*Stamp Set: Posy Punch, Thank You Kindly
*Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Cheerful Treat DSP
*Inks: Melon Mambo
*Accessories: Melon Mambo Pom Pom Trim {retired}, Subtles Buttons, White Twine, Fancy Flower Punch
Hope you guys have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by today ;)


2 comments:

Erika Clark said...

What a bright and beautiful card! Love the dimension on the banner piece. And the pom pom trim :)

Melanie C said...

Very cute card. I love the pom pom ribbon. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.