Monday, August 15, 2011

Flirtatious Christmas Stocking {sneak peek!}


Good morning all!  Happy Monday to you.  I've got a quick post today, but a fun one!  I had a chance to play with the new Christmas Stocking die cut that'll be available in the Holiday Mini starting on Sep 1.  I decided I'd go with a non-traditional Christmas stocking, so I used the Flirtatious Specialty DSP and LOVE this girly look! :)  Hope you like it too!  Here's the full picture for you:
The stocking is a Bigz L die and measures 5 1/2" x 4 3/4".  The heel, toe and top band are separate die cut pieces, so you can create a variety of looks and stocking styles!  I embossed these pieces on Whisper White cardstock using the new Snow Burst embossing folder, which is also a new favorite of mine because it's such a versatile pattern!  I die cut 2 pieces of the stocking and glued them together using the Multipurpose liquid glue.  The little lace trim peaking out at the bottom of the band is a smidge of the pretty Lace Ribbon Border punch.  To give my stocking a bit of a vintage-y look, I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake using a sponge dauber.  I love this new die and think I'll be using it quite a bit for the holidays!  It makes for a perfect size to stuff a gift card or small gift!  I embellished my stocking with a little bit of Pink Pirouette Taffeta Ribbon, buttons and white twine.  Oh yes - and the fun little Snowflake punch to give my stocking just an added bit of interest! Hope you liked this little sneak peek!  Stay tuned for more projects using this adorable stocking die :)  Have a great day!


16 comments:

Unknown said...

This stocking is beautiful!! I can't wait to start playing with my die!! I will be showcasing this beauty on My Crafty Picks #30 with a link back to your blog on 8-21-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to pick up your blog badge for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Norma said...

OMG!! Rose this is just beautiful and loving all the PINK!! Love the non-traditional look:) Congrats on being showcased!!
Hugs

Alicia said...

Super cute!

Gail S. said...

So cute, Rose! Thanks for sharing!

Romaine said...

Ohhhhh, so very pretty! Love it!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!! I hope that die comes our way!

Regina said...

what a lovely stocking!

Heather Klump said...

three words can sum it up... TO DIE FOR! Stunning as Usual my Friend! :)

Jane said...

So girly! LOVE it!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is darling Rose.

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi Rose!

This is so gorgeous! Love it very much. You do beautiful work!

I wanted to stop by and let you know that you have won the two Echo Park kits on my blog! Please send me an email with your mailing address to dflanders71@hotmail.com. Thank you!

Danielle

Penny Silva in Vegas said...

Rose this is just breath taking. I love it

~Olga said...

OMG, cute stocking -love the colors!

~* steph :) *~ said...

so pretty, rose! love the pink and the dry embossing and beautiful ribbon! thanks for sharing and hope all is well! *hugs* steph :)

Dawn said...

Divine!!

Scrappywonder said...

AWESOME!!! love the stocking!! so cute & baby girl, tfs, R ;)