Friday, October 15, 2010

special guest project designer today!

Hey there peeps!  I can't believe it's Friday already!  I've got a special guest on the blog-o today.  Let me introduce you to Kris Tillett, who is a dear friend of mine and is also a member of my Stampin'Up! team!   We actually "met" online...thanks to my blog!  Even though we're far apart - she's in South Dakota, and I'm in California - the magic of technology allows us to keep in touch pretty easily!  I had asked her if she'd be interested in sharing one of her projects on my blog, and she sweetly accepted :)  She designed this adorably festive pillow box purse.  Isn't it sooo cute?  She's such a talented gal and amazing Demonstrator!  I asked her a few questions so that we could all get to know her a little better...consider it her foray into the blog world!  Here's a little exclusive on Kris...

Meet the Tilletts:

Here's Kris and her husband Grant, with their kids, Carissa, Caitlyn and Derek.

{The Interview}
RD: What's your favorite crafting tool?
My favorite crafting tool would be the Big Shot, of course! :) It is hard NOT to use it. I had a workshop in which the host wanted to make one of the projects without using the Big Shot, and it was difficult not to spice it up by using the Big Shot!

RD: What's your favorite food?
My favorite food… I love snacking on sunflower seeds, and I enjoy indulging in taco pizza, and my hubby makes perfect pork steaks, but the one food that I could not live without is veggies with Ranch dressing. J The latest thing that I cannot go without every day lately though is garlic stuffed olives. Have you had them? Mmm… they are good!

RD: When did you first start crafting/stamping?
The first card that I ever made was for my twin who had just had her baby boy, Alex; who is now 4 going on 5. A friend of mine talked me into making a diaper shaped card. But I was not hooked until about six months later when the same friend invited me to a SU! party. Then I had my own party, and I was hooked! That was in October of 2006. I had a slow start (just had the girls so I did not have that much time to indulge), but I was started nonetheless!

RD: What one word describes you best?
I do not know what one word would describe me… I actually asked my kids, my husband, and my twin. My kids said the one word that describes me would be:

ballerina (Carissa)
princess (Caitlyn)
stamping (Derek)

My twin said "loveable" and my hubby said "persistent." I must say though, that at the time, I was trying to get my hubby to answer the question of what one word would describe me and he kept saying “I don’t know.” I guess, it took a bit, but I finally got my answer…

RD: Who is your favorite movie star?
My favorite movie star is Julia Roberts. Love, love, love her!

RD: Where were you born?
I was born in Marshall,  Minnesota. Yes, I am a Minnesotan! On that note, I must say that I am ecstatic that Randy Moss is back in the house!!! I can wear my jersey again!!! I almost broke down last year and purchased a NE jersey, but... Whoop! Whoop! Loved the game Monday night, even though it was a bit frustrating at times, but I think we are in for a treat this season!

{Project Details}
Now, about my little project. The purse is made from the pillow box bigz die. I also used the Jolly Holiday DSP, glimmer brads, a filigree brad, and tinsel trim to make them a bit more festive. I plan on selling them at both of my vendor fairs in November. I love these little buggers, and I hope that I will be able to make a bunch of them!

Here are a few more pics of Kris's adorable purse project!
It's such a cute size, you can even hang it as an ornament on the tree! 

The purse is kept closed using a teenie bit of the magnet sheets.  You can also use velcro as an alternative.

Here's another peek at the inside.  It fits a stick of lip balm nicely.  Candy treats would work well, too!

Hope you enjoyed getting to meet Kris and seeing her creative project.  I love the purse she created!  I'll definitely be CASING these for the holidays...maybe an upcoming class project, too.  Thanks so much, Kris, for sharing your talent with us!

Have a great weekend, all!  Thanks for visiting ;)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs from SD! :)
Kris

~Olga said...

That's to cute! TFS ~Olga (Norma's Sister aka PinkBlingCrafter lol) P.S. I got my goodies Thx :) I already did a project yesterday all I have to do it post it. :)

Norma said...

Aww so cute and lovely to meet Kris. She did a fantastic job on the project!!!! Great idea:)

~amy~ said...

okay, what a CUTE project...genius about the magnet...

Angela E said...

This is adorable. I want to make one but I can't figure out which scallop makes the closure piece. Can you help?

Rose said...

Hi Angela - the scallop circle used is the larger scallop from the Scallop #2 die. Hope that helps!

Helen F. said...

Oh such an adorable purse~love it as a "gift" idea and then using it as an ornament on the tree (like a second gift) :o)

Kendra said...

I love this! I am trying to make some, but I'm having a little trouble with getting the magnets staying closed when I try and close the box. Can you give me some advice? Did you have any trouble? Thanks for the inspiration!