Friday, October 8, 2010

{vintage Santa} for a new challenge

Hey there blog peeps!  Yay - we made it to Friday.  I've got a card I created for a new challenge {for me, that is} that I happened upon in my blurfing - The Paper Players Challenge.  For this week, the challenge is creating a monochromatic card, so I thought I'd try my hand at doing a vintage Santa.  I am really loving the rich Cherry Cobbler color and the Deck The Halls DSP, which is what I used in my card.  Wanna see what the full card looks like?
Whaddaya think?  I used my top note die in an unconventional sort of way by cutting an inch and a half off the short side, then using that extra scrap piece for my sentiment.  I love the tinsel trim - it adds just a bit of sparkle to my card.   And to finish it all off, I embellished with a seem binding bow and topped it with one of the fun Deck the Halls buttons!  Hope you like it!

{Vintage Santa}
All supplies Stampin'Up!, except where noted
*Stamp Set: Bright Christmas, Jolly Old St. Nick
*Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Deck the Halls DSP
*Inks: Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink Pad;Cherry Cobbler Marker
*Accessories: Top Note Bigz die, Cherry Cobbler Seam binding, Deck the Halls button, Tinsel Trim, dimensionals, glue dots; baker's twine {from craft store}

Have a great Friday! Thanks for peeking in :)


9 comments:

WandaG_CT said...

Love your Santa Card!

Norma said...

Beautiful Christmas card!! love it and I agree Rose, the Cherry Cobbler color is gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the Cherry Cobbler! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous card! You are so talented!!! You've had some beautiful posting lately!! Thank you for sharing!! I love the giant bow on this all wrapped up like a present!

Nance Leedy said...

Just love that Santa and he looks so dashing in Cherry Cobbler. Love the touch of tinsel and that bow is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeousness!!!

Helen F. said...

Wow! Fabulous Christmas card ~ this Santa is sooo jolly. Love the colors too.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card! Love your vintage Santa!

Katherine said...

I really like your use of top notes on this card, and yes Santa does look good in cherry!