Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a St. Paddy's day {beverage} for this week's HSS Challenge

For this week's Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge, I was tasked to create a card set using this week's Go Green St. Patrick's Day theme.  While St. Paddy's day probably doesn't conjure up a hot cup of coffee for most, I decided to "buck" the trend, so to speak. I have Sandy Hancock to thank for this fun coffee cup design!  She made the cutest samples, I just had to case it!  First, here are the deets to this week's challenge:
And now, here's a look at one of my Grande cups of java:
Isn't that so fun?  I have to say I'm getting great use of my In Color 6x6 DSP stack!  I used the Pear Pizzazz DSP patterns for my cups.  I then also dusted off my crimper to create my coffee sleeves.  The Lucky Shamrock stamp from the Occasions Mini catalog made the perfect logo for my cups.  I'm telling you - these cards were so fun and easy to make, I think you guys should give it a try!  Here are the quick instructions for you:

1.  Start with a 4" x 11" piece of cardstock as your base and fold it in half.
2.  Mark off a 1/2" from both edges at the base of the folded card.  Use the paper trimmer to trim from the top corner to your hash mark - this will create your coffee cup shape.
3.  Cut a 2 1/2" x4" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and run through your crimper.
4.  Adhere a piece of 5"x4" DSP and your crimped piece of cardstock on top of your coffee card.  Once you adhere both pieces, trim the excess cardstock off using your paper trimmer.
5.  For your lid, cut a 4 1/4" x 1" piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Score lengthwise at 1/4" to create your faux edge on your lid.  Round the top 2 corners and adhere this piece onto your card with dimensionals.  You're done! 

Give it a whirl.  You'll see for yourself how fun these are to make.  Who knew that whipping up 4 cups of coffee could be such a blast?! Hope this inspires you to play along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.  Check out what the rest of the DT has in store for you and create a project to share with us!  Have a great day :)


7 comments:

~amy~ said...

lOVE them:)

~Olga said...

Great creation, your so creative!!!

inkedx2 said...

These are so cute!

Robbie

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rose, these are fantastic! what a fun take on the St. Patty's challenge! Ps: Are you in Sandy's group? I am too! :)

LeroyLime said...

your coffee cups are getting me in the mood for a Starbucks at 11:30 at night! Sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

What a unique take on the challenge. Very clever!

It's Jenn! said...

Love these! I must give this a shot...get it...shot....of espresso, lol. Heehee, yeah, lame I know =) Seriously though, I'm setting time aside to give this a try this week. TFS!