Thursday, March 24, 2011

blissfully quick thank yous...

Hi there blog friends. Do these cards look familiar to you?  Well, I had some extras of the background paper from the butterfly cork card I created yesterday that I decided to make some Thank You cards!  I was so pleased with how these 3 came out, that I stamped one more sheet of the flourish to do a one sheet wonder!  The one sheet gave me enough pennants to create a cute stack of 14 quick and easy Thank You cards.
As you can see, it's so easy to create a pattern with the clear mount stamps.  I alternated Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red Ink to create this pattern.
Next, I cut the paper down to 1 1/4" x 4 1/2" strip.  Then, to create my ribbon tails, I used the 1 1/4" square punch to make them perfectly aligned {and streamline my process, too!}.  Then I stamped the punch border images using the sneak peek Four Frames stamps set {available April 1st!} and stamped the sentiment using the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  Can I just tell you how much I am loving the Four Frames set?!  Too cute!  Here's a look at the 3 frames I used {I didn't use the bird one because it didn't center my "thanks" the way I wanted it to...but you can still see what it looks like in the first picture of my post}
Makes me want to do these Thank You cards in a bunch of different color combos!  So EASY!  So...after I put these all together, here are the cards I made.  Note that I didn't emboss the background paper in this mass produced version, but I still think this simplified version makes adorable quick Thank Yous!  Here's a look at the 3 versions I made:


Aren't these so cute and easy?!  Now, I'm starting to think about the next color combo I should do these cards in!  This is such a simple and clean design - it's definitely a great Thank You card to have on hand.  The stamp set I used is the Bliss Sale-a-bration set and the upcoming Four Frames stamp set that will be available in the Spring is Blossoming promotion starting on April 1st.  I'm telling you...if you don't have that Bliss stamp set, it's time for you to pick out your $50 of Stampin'Up merchandise so you can get the Bliss set for FREE!  Just sayin' ;)

Here's a look at the Bliss set:

It's too adorable to pass up!  Shop now at my SU! store so you can get it today.

I'll catch up with you guys in a bit!  Have to get to work.  Have a fab day!


6 comments:

~amy~ said...

soo pretty...love the colors!

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

i love the way you stamp on the label, beautiful!

Erin Gonzales said...

I LOVE your cards and the OSW design that you created in your post today. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the colors also- great job!!!!

Norma said...

LOVE the pattern paper you created girl! love the prettry colors together:)
Hugs

Helen F. said...

LOVE how you stamped on the labels, Rose! These 3 cards are amazing. The PP you created is gorgeous,

Gail S. said...

Beautiful!! Love how you created your own, original DSP!! Great job!