Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sweet blue-eyed love birds


Hey there, crafty friends.  Today is my dear cousin's 15th anniversary, so I made her and my cousin-in-law this sweet and simple love bird card.  My inspiration came from a card I came across while I was perusing Pinterest the other day. It struck me because it was so cute, yet so simple!  


In the version I created, I used the Tangelo Twist card stock to punch out my birds with the Bird Builder punch.  Then, I punched out the hearts using the Itty Bitty Accents heart punch.  I layered my little birdies onto a Crumb Cake card stock base.


For the "blue" eyes, I colored in the Rhinestone Basic Jewels with the medium blue marker in the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities assortment.  To pull in that blue accent color a little more, I used the Coastal Cabana thick baker's twine.  And lastly, I stamped the "happy anniversary" sentiment in Tangelo Twist, using one of my retired stamp sets (still love the font of this sentiment!) Here's one last look at the finished card:


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Have a fabulous day :)



0 comments: