Tuesday, February 25, 2014

{Tech Tip Tuesday}: #6 - Foxy framelit hearts

Hello there my dear crafting friends!  I'm glad to say I'm back with {Tech Tip Tuesday} #6!  If you've put away your heart crafting products after Valentine's Day, I'm giving you a reason to take them back out and keep 'em around for your paper crafting projects year-round.  How do you like my little fox?  Other than his eyes, he's made from all hearts…isn't that sweet?  Mr. Fox is now quite in vogue again, thanks to the viral video that musician Yvlis has put together.  But I digress….now how about checking out how to make this festive little fox card?  Before we get to the quick tutorial, wanna see the inside of the card?
My friendly fox says, "hey there!"

So, let's check out the tutorial shall we?
1.  To create this Foxy card I, I used the Hearts Collection framelits, Chevron Embossing Folder, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder {from the Sale-a-bration catty}, 1/2" Circle punch, Small Heart Punch, Whisper White, Basic Black, and Poppy Parade card stock.
2.  The trick to the card is aligning the top of the heart with the folded edge of the paper just enough to keep your card together.  I tried to eyeball a width of  "2 scallops" just past the folded edge of the cardstock, on the top of each heart bump.
3.  Next step is to die cut and punch out your hearts: 1 large scalloped heart for the card base, 2 of the 2nd smallest hearts for the ears, 2 of the smallest hearts for the inside of the ears, 1 of the 3rd smallest heart for the snout, 2 half inch circles for the eyes.  One last heart not shown is for the inside of the card, which is the 2nd largest heart framelit.
4.  Emboss the card base with the Chevrons embossing folder and the snout with the decorative dots.  You can always opt to go smooth, but I find the texture to be fun and add a nice dimension to our little fox friend.  After embossing, assemble the card using the Tombow glue.  Viola, you're done!

Here's one last look at the finished card.
Isn't he a fun little fox?  Feel free to experiment with different colors and sizes.  I'd love to see what you come up with!  Hope you liked this week's {Tech Tip}!  Thanks so much for coming by to visit! 

Bye for now!


0 comments: