Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hauntedly embellished

I think I've been bitten by the challenge bug...I'm back today with another post - this time for the Embellish Color Challenge using squares!  Can you guess what I made?  Before I show you the full card, here's a look at the challenge for you:
Originally, I was going to do a flower theme, but as I looked at the colors a little longer, I decided to do something with Halloween.  The colors I used are SU!'s Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, and Certainly Celery.  So...here's a look at my full card.
I've been seeing lots of "house" cards, so that was my inspiration for creating a haunted house.  I used squares for the windows and stamped a spider web in each to give my house a frightful look.  Then for the door, I created a wreath with a spooky Halloween sentiment.  This was so much fun to do that I think I want to make a house card for each of the seasons!  I used the Smooch Accent Ink in Silver Fox to outline my windows and doors to make them pop.  Then for my wreath, how fun is that tinsel?  It'll be available in the upcoming SU! Holiday Mini.  The little blinged out door knob is from the Glimmer Basics brads collection.  Hope you like it!  Here's the recipe for you.
{Hauntedly Wicked Halloween}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Wicked Cool
*Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Certainly Celery, Textured Basic Black
*Inks: Basic Black
*Accessories: Bat Punch, Scallop Square Clear Bigz die, Glimmer Brads, Tinsel Trim, 1" circle punch, Smooch Accent Ink
Hope you like the card and embellies!  I had a fun time playing along :)  Thanks for taking a peek at my blog!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this haunted house Rose!
Hugs,
Kris

Gayle said...

very cute!!!

Valentina Fussell said...

Rose, this is just too cool! Someone is going to Looove getting this one! Hugs from Denmark!

Julie said...

This is just adorable, Rose!

Helen F. said...

Love your haunted house and the kewl bat hovering around :o)

Cristina said...

This is so creative! Great details. And thanks for the comment on my blog. :)

Maile Belles said...

How adorable, such a creative idea to turn your squares into windows. So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.