Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Cheer PPA challenge

Hi all! Are you enjoying your weekend? I'm trying to enjoy every bit of mine...and catch up with all the household chores and errands that have seemed to pile up during the past week. {How does that happen?!} Well, amidst all of that, I found a quick second to create a card for the PPA Challenge 16 this week, which is a Theme Challenge for Christmas Cheer. As you can probably tell from my blog postings these last few weeks, I've been mostly creating cards with Christmas Cheer in mind! So, along those lines, here's the card I created for the challenge:
I LOVE the real red cardstock and the polka dot grosgrain ribbon. They scream Christmas to me :) ...in a happy way, of course. The Snowflake punch has also been one of my favorites for this season, embellished with some sort of button. For this card, I threaded the corduroy button with a sliver of the real red cardstock. The only stamping on the card is the "Christmas Cheer" postage stamp, from the Christmas Punch stamp set, so this card is pretty quick to put together! Here's the recipe:
{Christmas Cheer Card}
All supplies Stampin'Up!
*Stamp Set: Christmas Punch
*Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Merry Moments DSP, and Christmas Cocoa DSP
*Ink: Real Red Classic Ink
*Accessories: Jumbo Snowflake, Scallop Square, and Scallop Border punches; Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon, Kiwi Kiss corduroy button {retired}, Button Latte button, Linen Thread, dimensionals (to pop up the scallop squares)
What do you think? Hope you like it!

Since I've been MIA most of this past week, I have a backlog of things I'd like to post, so I will try and catch up on some of these this week. Plus, for tomorrow, I'll be announcing the Freebie Friday winner. Til then, I'm gonna say bye for now.

Thanks so much for visiting me today!


3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Very cute - definitely has the Christmas spirit!

Lisa said...

Pretty card. I like how you used all these elements together.

Ann Schach said...

How cute! I love your ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing @ PPA!